Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hl450

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2010
I just saw an interesting screenshot image of apple korea macbook pro page on facebook. It was posted on April 17 and on the top right hand corner, it says "Launching Soon" in Korean (red box). If you go to the page right now(http://www.apple.com/kr/macbookpro/) it says "Buy Now"

Google translate shows "Upcoming"

I dont' know the person who posted this but it was on my news feed because a mutual friend posted a comment on it. I am uploading the screenshot of his fb page since it's only visible to friends of friends.

How soon will we see the new version coming?

Attachments

• 414996_415517291811385_100000593532400_1506890_92261097_o.jpg
    414996_415517291811385_100000593532400_1506890_92261097_o.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I just saw an interesting screenshot image of apple korea macbook pro page on facebook. It was posted on April 17 and on the top right hand corner, it says "Launching Soon" in Korean (red box). If you go to the page right now(http://www.apple.com/kr/macbookpro/) it says "Buy Now"

Google translate shows "Upcoming"

I dont' know the person who posted this but it was on my news feed because a mutual friend posted a comment on it. I am uploading the screenshot of his fb page since it's only visible to friends of friends.

How soon will we see the new version coming?

pardon?

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
I believe he is saying, that on april 17 the button said "launching soon" instead of buy now, which would be an indication.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Remove his facebook it's not really needed and it's invading his privacy. Anyway using CSS to track down the current shown image, I found a list of them. Some translated, but some Korean. Personally, I don't think it means anything, might have been an error, testing out translated button or something. I'm not sure.

http://www.apple.com/kr/global/elements/buttons/buynows.png

replace the bold with one of the url images.

#productheader a.preorder_blue, #productheader span.preorder_blue { width: 75px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/preorder_blue.png); }
#productheader a.buynow, #productheader span.buynow { width: 72px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/buynows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/buynows.gif); }
#productheader a.ordernow, #productheader span.ordernow { width: 81px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/ordernows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/ordernows.gif); }
#productheader a.joinnow, #productheader span.joinnow { width: 72px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/joinnows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/joinnows.gif); }
#productheader a.preorder, #productheader span.preorder { width: 99px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/preordernows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/preordernows.gif); }
#productheader a.howtobuy, #productheader span.howtobuy { width: 86px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/howtobuys.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/howtobuys.gif); }
#productheader a.howtoapply, #productheader span.howtoapply { width: 100px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/howtoapplys.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/howtoapplys.gif); }
#productheader a.freetrial, #productheader span.freetrial { width: 72px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/freetrials.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/freetrials.gif); }
#productheader a.downloadnow, #productheader span.downloadnow { width: 108px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/downloadnows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/downloadnows.gif); }
#productnav a.downloadnow, #productnav span.downloadnow { width: 108px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/downloadnows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/downloadnows.gif); }
#productheader a.upgradenow, #productheader span.upgradenow { width: 104px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/upgradenows.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/upgradenows.gif); }
#productheader a.tryamac, #productheader span.tryamac { width: 77px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/tryamacs.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/tryamacs.gif); }
#productheader a.notifyme, #productheader span.notifyme { width: 75px; background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/notifymes.png); _background-image: url(./../elements/buttons/notifymes.gif); }

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
he he

Eventually anything will be true. Unless of course Apple decides to cash out and run with the money.

Excluding that possibility, it's been a while, this torture can't go on forever.
My sins aren't THAT bad; well, maybe they are, but it's probably going to end soon. Another week or so.

Let's start playing the serious guessing game:

I say 10 days (within). I'll bet 10,000 Quatloos! (in Thrall currency)

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
That's what I exactly said in the post. :) I can read korean too.

I know this is a cliché, but the JPEG compression near the buttons are noticeably blurrier and less pronounced from the rest of the picture, pointing to a photoshop job.
Actually, the button itself is blurrier than the rest of the screenshot.

FWRN

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
Charlotte, NC
In all reality it's really easy to change the buttons via "Inspect Element" in Chrome, that's what I did at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.