Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McKs

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2003
This is already making my life so much easier:

attachment.php

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
It may not be so at the final retail release, but I as well will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Comparing ML releases to the Lion releases is an interesting thing to do. They jam packed sooooo many new features in the first Lion DP, and pretty much took out the vast majority of them (Slider buttons, local Time Machine saves, default Dock indicator lights off, etc)

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
They jam packed sooooo many new features in the first Lion DP, and pretty much took out the vast majority of them (Slider buttons, local Time Machine saves, default Dock indicator lights off, etc)

Actually, local time machine saves are there on notebooks (and you can't turn them off as you could in the Lion DP). The option can be turned on and off from the command line on all Macs.

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
Whoa. This is incredible. Automatically keeping everything without asking me when closing a document is incredibly frustrating on Lion in some cases. I'm waiting for ML even more now!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Whoa. This is incredible. Automatically keeping everything without asking me when closing a document is incredibly frustrating on Lion in some cases. I'm waiting for ML even more now!
A lot of the announced features for Mountain Lion are underwhelming to me. This is a feature I want. I'm wondering how many more unannounced changes will be things I'm interested in rather than the stuff on the new features page Apple general has for each version of OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.