Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garvatron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
I just started backing up my time capsule using time machine to a dolly drive. It is great to have everything from my macbook pro backed up so that if anything happened to my computer and hard drives, then I have everything ready for seamless download to a replacement device. In my experience, my iPad and iPhone backups are not so seamless. It seems some things get backed up from my iPad when I do a sync to iTunes while other things get backed up to iCloud automatically. Nothing seems to back everything up. When I log on to my iCloud account on my macbook pro all it shows the icloud mail, contacts, calendar, find my phone and iwork (which I don't use). However on my iPad it shows that I am also supposed to be able to access reminders, bookmarks, notes, photo stream and docs and data. I find the concept of icloud great and for the few things that i can actually access from the icloud website, are wonderful. However it doesn't back up what it is supposed to.

Enter dolly drive. They have an integrated iphone/ ipad app where you can access certain things from the dolly drive server on your ipad or iphone. I am wondering if I can go the other way with it and save photos, notes, etc on my ipad into my dolly drive using dolly sync and/ or dolly space.

So my questions are:

- What am I doing wrong that is preventing me from having my iCloud actually backup notes, reminders, bookmarks, etc?

- Can I back stuff up from my ipad/ iphone to my dolly drive in the sky using idolly?

- What is the difference between dolly space and dolly sync on the idolly app?

Sorry for the longwinded post but I appear to be struggling to network all my mac devices and I am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong.

AskDolly

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2012
Cloud
Dolly Space and Dolly Sync

First - thanks for your business! We appreciate the support.

Dolly Space is a true virtual drive. Anything that you place in Dolly Space is replicated to iDolly (iOS app) and available via your account login at dollydrive.com.

These files may then be deleted from your hard drive (leaving in Dolly Space of course) to free up space on your computer. This is the perfect and timely replacement for the departing iDisk!

Dolly Sync is similar except that the files and folders placed in Sync will remain on your hard drive as local files.

Both of these unique services can be accessed from iDolly and can be shared via email links to anyone you need to grant access to.

If there are more detailed questions, ping us at support@dollydrive.com.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.