Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:51 AM   #1
MrGrinch
macrumors newbie

HELP! Stuck at Startup screen, no spinning wheel

I've an old macbook sick at home. (Macbook2,1 / 2006 - 2007 / 2 usb + 1 fire wire / 10.6)

The problem is that I'm stuck at the startup screen with the gray Apple Logo also I noticed that there's no spinning wheel below the Apple Logo.

The hard disk seems to be fine, I can access all it's content thru the Firewire Target Disk mode (Command-T), according with Disk Utility there're no issues with the file permissions, the hard disk can read and write data.

I changed the RAM modules, removed the internal airport card, I tried to boot using the Snow Leopard DVD (Command-C), also tried with Lion but I got stuck at the same point, it looks like it starts reading the DVD but suddenly stops working.

I reset the PRAM & NVRAM (Command-Option-P-R), reset the SMC… I can use the Option key on startup to select the drive but I'm getting the same result.

Can someone explain me why I'm not getting the spinning wheel on the startup? or maybe describe the actions that take place during that process.

Right now, I'm downloading the Disk Warrior Boot CD and I'm ready to format the Hard drive

Any ideas are welcome!
MrGrinch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook