Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolol Filip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
Started very recently. The Alt key (or option) works, and same with the 2 key.
However, when I press them both at the same time, no at-sign appears.
This is only happening on my primary account, I tested it out on another one and it worked. What could be the reason for this?
I've tried a bunch of different language settings, and they didn't help either.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Started very recently. The Alt key (or option) works, and same with the 2 key.
However, when I press them both at the same time, no at-sign appears.
This is only happening on my primary account, I tested it out on another one and it worked. What could be the reason for this?
I've tried a bunch of different language settings, and they didn't help either.

To type the @ sign, press Shift-2, not Option-2, which produces the trademark symbol: ™

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
To type the @ sign, press Shift-2, not Option-2, which produces the trademark symbol: ™

I believe Option-2 produces the @ sign on some keyboards, the Spanish one for instance. I wonder if lolol Filip is from the Philippines, where Spanish is widely spoken. (but there's several other layouts where Shift+2 is not @)

The Spanish Mac keyboard uses Option in place of the AltGr key found on non-US PC keyboards.

Perhaps the OP's primary account got its language changed, or maybe a simple restart will fix the problem.

lolol Filip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
I'm swedish, and like I said, I've been able to do the at-sign, just not anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.