Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution has finally arrived on the Mac, after being promised in September of last year. Unlike some games released for the Mac recently, Human Revolution was just released for PC and consoles last summer. Some game titles new to the Mac were originally released as many as 6 years ago.

deusex.jpg

When former SWAT commander Adam Jensen is forced to undergo cybernetic augmentation, he discovers that the boundary between man and machine is a point of no return. Uncover the truth behind a global conspiracy in a first-person role-playing game where you must combine combat, stealth, hacking and social interaction to determine the course of human evolution.

In a world where amoral corporations market biomechanical modifications and those who protest against them are silenced, only those who adapt survive. Discover the true potential of your augmentations and manipulate Adam's body into your perfect machine.
The Mac version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution already includes the 'Missing Link' downloadable content pack, the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement expansion packs, a 44-minute "making-of" documentary, a 40-page book of design and concept art, motion comic, a soundtrack composed by Michael McCann, and three trailers.

The game weighs in at more than 15 gigabytes and does not support any of the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition is available for $49.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Arrives on the Mac App Store

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Out now for Mac!

Not compatible with: (lists hardware in 98% of Macs)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Out now for Mac!

Not compatible with: (lists hardware in 98% of Macs)

Just the current low-end models. Entirely reasonable for a game like this (and the integrated ivy bridge graphics in the upcoming low-end Macs should be able to handle it.)

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
No Air or 13" but as I said above that'll change very soon. The HD 4000 in ivy bridge can handle it.

Your are right! the HD 4000 ivy bridge. Will be greatly beneficial to PC Gaming, and especially Mac Gaming. because the hd 4000 will be in mainstream everyday laptops as an integrated gnu, however it will be able to handle pretty much any game. can even run games like crisis 2 on low settings. This will be really great the new MBP and MBAs coming out this summer with ivy bridge. The HD 4000 is going to be a strong push in MAC Gaming.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
The game weighs in at more than 15 gigabytes and does not support any of the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.

No mention made of the 8600M GT. :D

:sneaky:

DanPosMaytee

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Preston, England.
Your are right! the HD 4000 ivy bridge. Will be greatly beneficial to PC Gaming, and especially Mac Gaming. because the hd 4000 will be in mainstream everyday laptops as an integrated gnu, however it will be able to handle pretty much any game. can even run games like crisis 2 on low settings. This will be really great the new MBP and MBAs coming out this summer with ivy bridge. The HD 4000 is going to be a strong push in MAC Gaming.

Dunno if it was just me but this sounded REALLY sarcastic lol.

Snooze1988

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Lol the graphic quality in this game is horrible and the game not support the 320m...

49$ lol

now way! epic fail

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Isn't this a game that was on Steam? I wonder if they'll release a Mac version on steam so I can download it (since I own the windows version) to play on my laptop. They did with Portal 2.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Isn't this a game that was on Steam? I wonder if they'll release a Mac version on steam so I can download it (since I own the windows version) to play on my laptop. They did with Portal 2.

No, Feral games will never be on Steam for financial reasons.

Naaaaak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
The game itself is pretty good. Well worth the purchase and the play through.

I already purchased it on Steam in BootCamp. This was only possible because I installed a video card into my Mac Pro that made it capable to play. Upgrading video cards to prolong the life of your machine — a feeling the rest of the Mac community will never know.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
I would hope it was, all the reviews I've seen thus far for IVB chips are pretty bad as far as performance goes. (much less than expected)

look at some HD 4000 graphical benchmarks, its great! and GPU power is where macs and other mainstream laptops need the boost, and not in CPU power

AxemanPhil

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
The best way for me to experience games like this on my year-old 13" MBP is with OnLive. A little bit laggy but not too bad and way better than the integrated graphics could manage.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Why can't we just lower the graphics settings so that we can play on obsolete, low-end, cheap systems like a one-year-old top-of-the-line MacBook Pro?

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
Why can't we just lower the graphics settings so that we can play on obsolete, low-end, cheap systems like a one-year-old top-of-the-line MacBook Pro?

Top of the line MBPro(s) have discreet graphic cards so they're fine.

I for one will have to wait for a refresh to get to play this game (the first one was amazing at the time)

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
wow, thats loads of not supported graphics cards

wow, thats loads of not supported graphics cards:confused: .........from most macs owned! :mad:

bse3

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
No Air or 13" but as I said above that'll change very soon. The HD 4000 in ivy bridge can handle it.

So, TODAY no Apple laptop can run that game. Given the upgrade cycles on this type of machine few laptop users will be able to enjoy this title even in the future. I am not complaining that it does not run on my late 2008 MacBook Pro. But I am complaining that it does not run on ANY 13" model that you can buy TODAY.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.