Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjar

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
I recommend Shipito & Myus
ShipiTo offer multible addressess, one located in OR state (100% TAX free).
Myus is very good when it come to DIM factor (it is 300 not 166 or 130 like others)

macandcheeze

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
Shipito is terrible

I am currently in battle with shipito now and have 2 packages 1 large, 1 small. I have requested consolidation and to keep the larger packaging, but remove the smaller packaging, the contents which will fit in the larger.

This has been cancelled as the items do not fit in the 'standard' new consolidated box size they offer - or I need to pay $8.50 to request 'special handling. And then after receiving advice from the support team to re-request the consolidation, I am subsequently tersely told by the packing team that is incorrect information. Support/packing teams dont 'talk' apparently. - my advice is stay away from shipito.

sarahhansen

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
I recommend MyUS. I've used them for years and their customer service is amazing. I've sent some more expensive items through there and everything has always arrived intact and safe. You may want to check out their Facebook page too. I was always seeing people post great things about them and answering everyone's questions quickly.

I recommend Shipito & Myus
ShipiTo offer multible addressess, one located in OR state (100% TAX free).
Myus is very good when it come to DIM factor (it is 300 not 166 or 130 like others)

aseu

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2012
Bongo is totally amateurish

I have been a Bongo customer for 4 months. What I have found is that, their software sucks and is designed by some kids who are just out of theor school. Their service can be good to ridiculous and the management and staff are too busy to listen to customers as they have grown now. Their charges are on the high side, but shipments were really fast and nicely packaged. I stopped using them after a rather nasty shocker of an experience last week.

I can shop only using Personal Shopper (which costs 10% fee) because my local credit card company do not allow showing a US address as billing address. So whenever their Personal Shopper service is affected, I end up paying monthly fee for nothing because I cannot use their service. In March their PS service was affected and I had to cancel some items. Then about 2 weeks back I placed some orders. The worst thing about their PS service is that, once you place an order using PS service, they don't maintain a log. You have no way of verifying whether the order has been placed or to review your order. I had requested multiple times for a log to be maintained and they kept replying the order will be updated when it is processed, in the Notify Shipment column. Well with the new order nothing happened for a week and nothing showed up in my Notify column. I was having doubts and I thought my order was not processed like in March (In March I got an error message at least after I finished placing the order, only to learn from the staff later the PS service was not working. Why did they allow the Service open only to waste time?) and thought of placing the order again as there is no way you can verify an order is in place as no logs are maintained. I decided to go on chat and find out what happened.

The series of events that unfolded was unbelievable and moved from funny to stupid to downright scary. You see, Bongo's chat sessions are unauthenticated. Even if you are logged into their web site and initiate a chat, it is still unauthenticated chat. Even when a guest initiate a new chat without logging, but gives personal details in the chat window, it will be discarded and they will still ask who you are etc. Anyway I chatted with a lady and inquired about my PS order. She told me they have some backlogs and my order will be only processed later that day. I was furious because I had to travel in another week from that day and I had thought that 14 days was more than enough to get the goods to my country. Now Bongo had wasted a week and I will miss an important assignment for which I ordered the items. I told the staff that I needed my PS order be cancelled and my account converted to a Classic account instead of a paid account. To my shock she just did that. I asked her how can she cancel an order and change my account on the basis of an unauthenticated chat session. I told her she should have asked for me to post in my support log or sent an email from registered email ID before they do such things. She mumbled something and asked me to do what I told her. Wondering how lax Bongo security systems are, I immediately logged in and made a lengthy complaint about such lack of protocols and demanded my PS shopper items are cancelled, my account converted back to Classic (these two already achieved through an anonymous chat) and made a request for a refund of the months' subscription because PS service was of no use to me.

Next day, I tried to login to see if any reply was there for my complaint, I could not login at all. I went to for a chat (another unauthenticated chat) and quoted my mailbox number and had asked what happened to my account. Another lady told me that it has been deactivated. I told her that I had not requested for deactivation to which she said she can re-activate the account again. AND SHE JUST DID THAT. I could not believe my eyes that once again an unauthenticated session has managed to do unthinkable without any sort of verification. Imagine this scenario. I suspect my office colleague has managed to see my Bongo login credentials and I felt the need to cancel my account. I just cancelled my account thinking all is finished and I can relax. My colleague then initiate an unauthenticated chat session requesting for a re-activation. Bingo. My account is activated and he can shop to my credit card limit. It also so happens that my delivery address is my office address, something which he shares. Bongo is so careless and lacks any kind of security protocols, they are sitting ducks for clever hacker or fraudster. When I pointed about this to the lady, she agreed that I made a valid point.

I was by this time scared to leave this account open and wanted to first cancel the credit card details associated with my account. Another shocker there! You cannot delete your credit card details. You can only replace it with new one. I tried giving some false numbers, some very close to real card numbers and nothing was accepted. So here you are leaving credit card details with a company that has zero protection against fraudsters. I then protested with the lady staff saying that I do not trust Bongo and I am unable to delete my credit card details from the account. She said she will consult her management and then came back and told me something that shook my whole faith in the company. She said spoke with her management and according to them since my account was deactivated, it will REMAIN deactivated and it will remain so. She just deactivated my account then. I could sense they were irritated and wanted to see me punished. I pleaded telling I needed the logs and account open till I sort out my issues and have my credit card info deleted. I did not trust even a deactivated account with them as I knew it can be re-activated by anyone who know my mailbox number. She vehemently told me nothing can be done and my account is now closed. I got a real rage inside. I told them they are AGAIN doing the same mistake and they have cancelled a legal account paid for already on the basis of an UNAUTHENTICATED CHAT. These trigger happy customer service and management had no clue how to handle customers and their accounts. I told her again to check my support log as there was clear instruction to KEEP my account as a classic account and I had not sent any mail or created any log to the contrary. I also told her that my chat is unauthenticated and she has no way of knowing who I am. To which the all knowing lady told me that my IP address can be seen by her and that authenticate my identity.

Ha HA....what was this lady thinking, she can ******** to me by telling me about IP address? I asked her since when an IP address was associated with an identity? She replied again sounding too technical that it is a long story. Then I snapped saying I am more tech savvy than her and my IP address when I initiated my chat do not constitute ID verification. If I logged in later, she can possibly compare that with the chat ID. But she did reactivation while I had not even logged in. If someone request a re-activation one day and then do the login next day after IP address has changed, what proof they will have that both people are the same. It was by this time obvious Bongo has no security or protocols and staff were just ignorant and had seldom worked in a proper eCommerce company. When I protested again saying I am a paid customer and they have no reason to cancel my account, the lady transferred me to a senior CS lady. She took her time to read through the chat said she will reactivate my account and DID just that. Here I was, getting activated, then de-activated and activated back again in all under 30 minutes of unauthorized chat session. The senior then proclaimed that Bongo does not allow action over unauthorized chat sessions. I pointed out that EVEN SHE DID JUST THAT. My blood pressure had shot up and I was damn scared about Bongo and its trigger happy ways. She then apologized and said she will make me a Classic member. She promised a reply on my customer log complaint and another day had passed and there is no reply.

To cut a long story short, if you do business with Bongo, do at your own risk. Some of them mean well, but that is not to say they do well. They have scant regard for customer accounts and their security and it is no use telling them bcause none of it reach it to top management. Even if it reach the management, they just dont have any clue as the so called management approved a re-cancellation of my account just because I was pestering them through and anonymous chat. Their web based software sucks and I am sure it has about as security has building with 100s of unlocked doors with blind people guarding the place. Just to point out how ill conceived the whole software is, just try this. Create a new account, and in the password include a '&'. Now try logging in when you are finished creating your account. System will not allow you to login. Why, you know? The password gets stored with the '&' sign converted to the text 'and'. Funny right? So here you are, scratching your head and wondering what happened to your just created account. This has to be the only account creation design that CHANGE password without user's knowledge.. Add to this mix, No PS shopper logs and all 'knowledgeable' CS staff who swears by IP address equals verification, you have one company that you are better off keeping at a distance.

aseu

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2012
Just to clarify, I am a one post wonder here but that should not discredit my intentions. I just posted in this thread because, this thread shows up with all Google searches for Bongous discussions and I thought my post will educate Customers and staff of Bongo. I am not trying to prejudice anyone against Bongo. What I wrote, can be checked by you as of now. If they acted on what I wrote, good.

I am trying to see if I can raise a complaint with an authority or a body about such customer service practices, but unfortunately I don't know such a body. If anyone knows, please let me know.

myuser

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Hi, i am a New user at MyUS and have few items parked with them to be shipped to me in europe. My items are all shoes and sandals. Has anyone brought in these kind of stuffs with MyUS? Do they charge tax or it will be charged at arrival country (in my case, its Finland)?

davidoloan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2009
Hi, i am a New user at MyUS and have few items parked with them to be shipped to me in europe. My items are all shoes and sandals. Has anyone brought in these kind of stuffs with MyUS? Do they charge tax or it will be charged at arrival country (in my case, its Finland)?

Yes, unfortunately a couple of years ago the couriers they use for delivery started charging import duties before releasing the goods.

This is not MYUS collecting and charging tax but DHL etc.

This happens in the UK and there is a good chance it is an EU wide arrangement.

LCS77

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Bongo IS: bad review

I had a mail forwarding account with Bongo US. An item arrived from the Department of the Treasury. I did not know at the time that this was a check. I forward my mail in a batch as usual, but this item is not included - I contacted BONGO and they did not know where it is....So how did it go missing from a sealed DHL envelope? Only if it never got put in in the first place..... Clearly someone in their firm stole the check. Never use BONGO US - they will steal your mail!

membervarun

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
To begin with, I am a new member here and a debut user of MyUS.com
To add to the authenticity of my reviews, DHL tracking number is 9327087851.

I ordered my assignment from US to Hong Kong and am *very* satisfied with MyUS.com.

The product was from Amazon and to be honest, the shipment was one package only so cannot say that my consignment was a too complex one for myus to handle.

But nonehteless, am satisfied with the speed of service and cannot take it away from them. It was shipped within hours of my confirming the shipping order.

on costs, it may not the cheapest, or may be, but I thought the service was decent. The ultimate shipping price (ex insurance etc optional costs) did come out bit more than what was the estimate (3-5% mroe) but I dont mind paying for good service.

Cheers!

j777777

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
NYBox.com suspended my account for no logical reasons.

Never had a bad experience with Bongo, though I've read a number of unsatisfied customers commenting or blogging about their services. I settled with NYBox http://www.nybox.com/ mainly because, it allows me to store items for a month and have them send in a bulk, which saves a lot for my business. I buy and sell gadgets by the way, mostly apple products.

I have been NYBOX.com customer (free account) since August 2008. NYBox as of August 8th 2012 suspended and closed my account due to inactive shipments as they say (I have been trashing my incoming mails instead of them having sent to my home address).:eek:
I see that I have the right to trash mails that I dont want them sent to me, as nowhere it is written they will suspend and/or close my account for lack of activity. This is ridiculous and unfair 'business to consumer' practise. I just shipped with them on June 30th 2012 a shirt from NYBox.com, and they are unreasonably saying that my account was not active. Even if my account is inactive for awhile, I dont see the reason why they have to suspend my account. That is just bad business practise. I dont get it.:mad:

William Pearl

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
iGlobal Stores

Hi, i have used many of these services but my best experience is with iGlobal Stores. they are not freight forwarders and product is shipped directly to the international customer.
Much better in my opinion.

----------

Also, iGlobal Stores charges no fees and their software seems to be the best to get the best rates.

iGlobal stores has never made a mistake and does a fantastic job.

Tosh

RP

mac.rocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
MyUS vs USA2Me vs BongoUS vs Viadress

I hope old-wiz will be happy ─ there are no new shills coming his way. At least not from me... :D

Although I'm a newbie here, I've been around and when it comes to this post and the topic of parcel forwarding in general, I believe I'm close to becoming a pro.

Let me mainly concentrate on MyUS since they run many "promotions" similar to this one: http://realbargain.wordpress.com/20...dex-for-a-year-for-unhappy-shipito-customers/

The problem with MyUS.com is they love to shame others and post fake reviews all over the place (both against their competitors and for their own international parcel forwarding services). The above so-called promo is just a single example of how unethical MyUS really is. Throughout 2011, they used to have this objective-looking "happy customer" web page made by one client. The page eventually made it all the way to position #1 at Google for the keywords MyUS review, MyUS.com scam, MyUS problems and MyUS.com reviews ─ Google's SEO team manually kicked the site out of index in 2012. Completely out of Google indexation!

From position 1 to position ∞ in one kick ─ well done MyUS! Try to get back to parcel and mail forwarding from Bradenton, FL instead of creating PR fiasco after PR fiasco worldwide.

If concerned people really want to know whether MyUS is a scam, they just need to type "MyUS.com scam" into Google or Bing. There are literally thousands of past MyUS customers who have never received their parcels from MyUS. And many customers whose packages and items were damaged (often intentionally with knives and by being stepped on). The clients' credit cards were also charged wrong amounts (it always worked out just fine for MyUS but never for the receiving party).

Basically you shouldn't touch MyUS with a 10-foot pole, IMHO.

Try these reliable international parcel forwarding companies instead (all are MyUS.com alternatives):

http://www.bongous.com -- Worldwide (not the best, top three entries are simply listed in alphabetical order)
http://www.bundlebox.com -- Worldwide
http://www.usa2me.com -- Worldwide
http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au -- Australian clients only
http://myusaddress.ca -- Canadian clients only

Less reliable parcel forwarders:
http://www.borderlinx.com -- Worldwide, often overcharges
http://www.usabox.com -- Worldwide, not very reliable but still beats MyUS

Shipito (http://www.shipito.com) has damaged many parcels, and their site is shouting CHEAP but quite a few people trust them more than MyUS anyway. However, I don't trust them any longer. The same applies to Viaddress.com ─ they overcharge, lose parcels and write fake reviews just like MyUS.

http://www.comgateway.com doesn't even list its prices without you having to dig in really deep. That tells me to avoid ComGateway at all costs.

Overall, MyUS, Viaddress, ComGateway and Shipito are the parcel forwarding industry's least reliable companies. The worst shipping agent with the largest number of unhappy customers is MyUS. Majority of people only have minutes to research parcel forwarding companies and MyUS uses that to their advantage. They used to have 3-5 fake reviews (some were bravely hosted at MyUS.com's server itself) within the top 10 Google entries. Luckily things are getting much more objective these days thanks to Google's relatively fair algorithm.

If you want to start your own research, here is some review sites that quote specific customers of MyUS (taken from top of Google for MyUS problems, MyUS shipping and MyUS scam; most relevant links listed first):

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1279389
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=453554
http://offeringservices.com/other_opinions_on_myuscom.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/shippin...-com/access-usa-myus-com-ripoff-fra-76f74.htm ─ you guys should check out the review dated July 26, 2009 ─ it's SOOOO obviously written by MyUS itself, I'm sure some Mohammad in Saudi Arabia would not be researching every single detail about this particular parcel forwarding company and writing about MyUS being the "BEST" for so long. Compare his entry to MyUS reviews listed at MyUS.com (link below). Are any of these "MyUS customer reviews" looking quite similar? Yep, some of them are nearly identical. Ignore the specific "I'm so happy with MyUS" points, look at the writing style. Funny, eh?

Now, if you are ready for some corporate propaganda: http://www.myus.com/en/customer-reviews ─ yeah, right!

Good luck everyone. Whatever you do before buying that next iDevice from a US online store, try your best not to get scammed by MyUS.com, Viadress.com, Shipito.com and other unreliable or downright cheating international shipping providers. Research longer. Think twice. Pay for mail and parcel forwarding, not for parcel theft.

MartinMars

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I hope old-wiz will be happy ─ there are no new shills coming his way. At least not from me... :D

Although I'm a newbie here, I've been around and when it comes to this post and the topic of parcel forwarding in general, I believe I'm close to becoming a pro.

Let me mainly concentrate on MyUS since they run many "promotions" similar to this one: http://realbargain.wordpress.com/20...dex-for-a-year-for-unhappy-shipito-customers/

The problem with MyUS.com is they love to shame others and post fake reviews all over the place (both against their competitors and for their own international parcel forwarding services). The above so-called promo is just a single example of how unethical MyUS really is. Throughout 2011, they used to have this objective-looking "happy customer" web page made by one client. The page eventually made it all the way to position #1 at Google for the keywords MyUS review, MyUS.com scam, MyUS problems and MyUS.com reviews ─ Google's SEO team manually kicked the site out of index in 2012. Completely out of Google indexation!

From position 1 to position ∞ in one kick ─ well done MyUS! Try to get back to parcel and mail forwarding from Bradenton, FL instead of creating PR fiasco after PR fiasco worldwide.

If concerned people really want to know whether MyUS is a scam, they just need to type "MyUS.com scam" into Google or Bing. There are literally thousands of past MyUS customers who have never received their parcels from MyUS. And many customers whose packages and items were damaged (often intentionally with knives and by being stepped on). The clients' credit cards were also charged wrong amounts (it always worked out just fine for MyUS but never for the receiving party).

Basically you shouldn't touch MyUS with a 10-foot pole, IMHO.

Try these reliable international parcel forwarding companies instead (all are MyUS.com alternatives):

http://www.bongous.com -- Worldwide (not the best, top three entries are simply listed in alphabetical order)
http://www.bundlebox.com -- Worldwide
http://www.usa2me.com -- Worldwide
http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au -- Australian clients only
http://myusaddress.ca -- Canadian clients only

Less reliable parcel forwarders:
http://www.borderlinx.com -- Worldwide, often overcharges
http://www.usabox.com -- Worldwide, not very reliable but still beats MyUS

Shipito (http://www.shipito.com) has damaged many parcels, and their site is shouting CHEAP but quite a few people trust them more than MyUS anyway. However, I don't trust them any longer. The same applies to Viaddress.com ─ they overcharge, lose parcels and write fake reviews just like MyUS.

http://www.comgateway.com doesn't even list its prices without you having to dig in really deep. That tells me to avoid ComGateway at all costs.

Overall, MyUS, Viaddress, ComGateway and Shipito are the parcel forwarding industry's least reliable companies. The worst shipping agent with the largest number of unhappy customers is MyUS. Majority of people only have minutes to research parcel forwarding companies and MyUS uses that to their advantage. They used to have 3-5 fake reviews (some were bravely hosted at MyUS.com's server itself) within the top 10 Google entries. Luckily things are getting much more objective these days thanks to Google's relatively fair algorithm.

If you want to start your own research, here is some review sites that quote specific customers of MyUS (taken from top of Google for MyUS problems, MyUS shipping and MyUS scam; most relevant links listed first):

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1279389
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=453554
http://offeringservices.com/other_opinions_on_myuscom.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/shippin...-com/access-usa-myus-com-ripoff-fra-76f74.htm ─ you guys should check out the review dated July 26, 2009 ─ it's SOOOO obviously written by MyUS itself, I'm sure some Mohammad in Saudi Arabia would not be researching every single detail about this particular parcel forwarding company and writing about MyUS being the "BEST" for so long. Compare his entry to MyUS reviews listed at MyUS.com (link below). Are any of these "MyUS customer reviews" looking quite similar? Yep, some of them are nearly identical. Ignore the specific "I'm so happy with MyUS" points, look at the writing style. Funny, eh?

Now, if you are ready for some corporate propaganda: http://www.myus.com/en/customer-reviews ─ yeah, right!

Good luck everyone. Whatever you do before buying that next iDevice from a US online store, try your best not to get scammed by MyUS.com, Viadress.com, Shipito.com and other unreliable or downright cheating international shipping providers. Research longer. Think twice. Pay for mail and parcel forwarding, not for parcel theft.

This is a great review, however, there are some errors. I've been working in the package forwarding field over 20 years and with a blog that compares the various companies' rates, better business bureau reviews, services etc., you can find it at http://www.usa-package-forwarding-comparison.com

Hope it helps.

iamichi

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
this thread is hilarious. all i've actually managed to get out of it is to stay well clear of viadress.com as they have the highest number of blatant shill posts of any of the companies mentioned.

* Edit *
after looking into this for a couple of hours, I've settled on Bundle Box and have placed an order via them. They are definitely not the cheapest, but I couldn't find anything bad written about them and quite a few endorsements from legitimate users of sites such as reddit. I'll update this thread with how I get on.

Last edited:

kokako

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Hi,

I'm in New Zealand and would like to buy MBP in US because NZD is very high now. So going to buy in US will save me at least 500 USD. But most of the stores they don't offer international shipping. Some of the store like PowerMax offer BongoUS service. I've never used these services before so I have two questions:

1) Can I trust them as MBP value is quite high (over $1,000)?

2) Does MBP has a worldwide guaranty?

Thanks for you help

When I lived in NZ in 2010 I bought my original iPad this way through MyUS, they were great and you can trust them but I got stung with some pretty hefty DHL import fees and gst in NZ and it actually didn't make that much of a difference in the end, you have to pay TAX in the USA too because you're having it shipped from Apple USA to your USA MYUS address, MYUS insist on declaring the goods their real value too for insurance with the courier - they use FEDEX or UPS, when it gets to NZ it transfers to DHL.

You do get a full Apple 1 year international warranty.

Bummer NZ is soooo expensive for everything .... except a MacDonalds Big Mac.

My brother back home told me Nespresso capsules cost $1NZD in NZ, they cost 29p in the UK (50 Cents NZ) TWICE AS MUCH ! arghhhhhhhhh

Hey kiwis did you know you're never allowed an Apple Retail Store in NZ ? no GAP, ZARA, UNIQLO... the list goes on.

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
I've used Shipito for shoes, eyewear and clothes and haven no complains on price or service yet. It's not cheap but it's less expensive than buying those products here in my country. I've always used USPS priority mail and never paid customs fees. If you use DHL, Fedex, and worse UPS you'll get charged when receiving your items a large fee.

I'm planing on getting the mini shipped to Shipito. It seems like apple store is OK with the address so far.

shaari.n

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Hi! I stumbled upon this site as I was googling about the third party shipment. Was quite disappointed as I read loads of newbie commenting in a one sided way.

I am from Malaysia and I want to buy some stuff that do not offer any shipment to my country. Any recommendations from the senior members? :confused:

Shipexperience

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Bongo US

For my shipping from the US I figured out it was triple the price than by USPS
as the shipping expenses by using Bongo International shipping/ Bongo US have been charged with USD 333,75 instead of USD 78,00 by USPS.

On top of that for import to Europe custom/import tax and VAT has to be paid on the entire amount including shipping expenses which comes to USD 433,00 (instead of USPS 121,80).

Is the service at Bongo worth this difference? I had the experience instead of a superior service a had a lot of work to do to receive the service and support I needed as their return system did not function at all etc

Dealing with them for me took a lot of valuable time and energy and in addition money.

TheJae

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2008
HKG
Stay away from Shipito, had a real bad experience with them. It took me 3 months to get my account verified, had to go to a solicitor to get the papers chopped. I had to go through all this stuff because they took my money and wouldn't refund, unless i pay a huge processing fee.

Asia-pacific customers, stay away.

----------

Hi! I stumbled upon this site as I was googling about the third party shipment. Was quite disappointed as I read loads of newbie commenting in a one sided way.

I am from Malaysia and I want to buy some stuff that do not offer any shipment to my country. Any recommendations from the senior members? :confused:

I am planning to open an account with MyUS because AMEX recommended them twice and entry fee is waived. You should definitely stay away from Shipito, once they take your money - you are their hostage.

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
Today I got my last package with Shipito and end of a monthly contract with them. I have no complains. I got my account set up with no problems, it may depend where you are from apparently and Hong Kong is no luck. (I guess is popular as Nigerian scams, who knows).

In all shipments I received all items in excellent conditions, on time, and never paid customs fees when receiving.

I'm planning on trying another company for the new mac mini. From this review http://www.usa-package-forwarding-comparison.com/ I may try one of the A+ rated companies.

The savings from the mac mini bought in the US goes towards Apple Care

BL5965

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
My American Shipper

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd add my experiences thus far. I am a first time shipper, from Australia, and decided to do a massive Amazon order. I ended up using MyAmericanShipper.

Firstly, I'll post my DHL tracking number which shows the parcel from their Van Nuys warehouse on its way to me in Perth: 9970259622.

Hopefully this will shed some authenticity on my review.

So anyway, the Kindle Paperwhite was announced and since it wouldn't be in Australia for some time, I decided to order one. Since consolidated shipping becomes cheaper with more items, that one eventually became 5, with two Kindle cases, three PS3 games and Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition (big box).

I choice MAS because they didn't have monthly commitments or consolidation charges. I admit, my first impressions of them were bad. The first PS3 game came, they charged it 2lbs (~$25). The the Resistance package came, which they charged a massive 13 lbs (~$75). By now, I was regretting my choice, but soon all the Kindles started arriving and although they were still over-weighing my items, the shipping cost jumped less and less. After consolidation, it was about $170 in total (33 lbs), and after a once-off 35% discount (first shipment), came down to $110. Although everything was overweighed, I was resigned to the fact it wasn't "that" bad.

So I process my whole order to ship, and imagine my surprise when they reweigh everything, and only charge me for 17 lbs! After the 35% discount, it only cost me $58.00 to ship 5 Kindles, a big PS3 shooter kit, cases and games! So, now it's on its way to me in Perth.

Obviously, I can't pass full judgement until I receive it, but so far, I am very happy. They are also fast to respond to my many requests (I complained several times about overweighing, they told me patiently they would re-assess it before shipping, but I didn't believe it). The only criticism I have at the moment is that they are a bit slow to add your item to your order after they've received it (a day or more), and the photos they give (which is a good service for free) of each item is very low-res.

Their customer service is quite good. They have local numbers to call from some countries (i.e. Australia) so it was only a local call cost for me to phone them. Today, at 6am my time (3pm their time), I noticed my order said "payment awaiting" and wasn't shipping. I phoned them and asked them to manually charge my card and ship, which they did! The parcel left an hour later and is now en-route. I'm glad they were able to listen to me and get my parcel out before the weekend. Expected delivery Wed 31/10 :)

Attached is a screenshot of my final order summary. http://tinypic.com/r/qwzfhy/6

If my item comes packaged well, and hopefully on time, then kudos to them.

iamichi

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
Bundle Box

Hi,

So I placed an order for a large canvas print from 500px.com and had it shipped to Bundle Box last week. It was just delivered today and I have been very impressed with them. I've only used them once and didn't have to actually contact them at all, so I don't know what their response times are like, but they emailed me as soon as they received it, I paid the import taxes with them and the forwarding fee to the UK (which was about £80) with FedEx. I'm sure there are cheaper options available, but I'm very happy with the extremely fast and easy service I received, so they get a thumbs up from me and I would definitely use them again, unless I find another reliable service which is considerably cheaper.

I attached a screen grab of my messages page to show the order history. I hope that helps someone else.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 18.15.46.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 18.15.46.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,559

Ireland Mike

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Irland Mike

WARNING!!!!!
We used them and lost over $250. Do not use them they mess you about.
BOGUS BONGO BONG!!!!!!

Hi,

I'm in New Zealand and would like to buy MBP in US because NZD is very high now. So going to buy in US will save me at least 500 USD. But most of the stores they don't offer international shipping. Some of the store like PowerMax offer BongoUS service. I've never used these services before so I have two questions:

1) Can I trust them as MBP value is quite high (over $1,000)?

2) Does MBP has a worldwide guaranty?

Thanks for you help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.