Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Is User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Quote Notifications > "Yes, I'd like to be notified of new quotes." still checked?

Nov 28, 2010
located
It was still checked.

Mine is checked too and you quoted me and I didn't get a notification of the notification*.

* no notification in that notification section (with PMs, friend requests, picture comments and quote notifications) on every site, but an actual notification on the quote notification's page.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I was getting them before, but now I'm not. :(

Mine is checked too and you quoted me and I didn't get a notification of the notification*.

* no notification in that notification section (with PMs, friend requests, picture comments and quote notifications) on every site, but an actual notification on the quote notification's page.

I've seen it take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30-60 minutes before the notification will show I've been quoted after a quote has been made.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
I've seen it take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30-60 minutes before the notification will show I've been quoted after a quote has been made.

I just got them for this thread, definitely not for others though.

I'll see if they show up again

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
They seem to appear at random, what gives? First I thought it was time related like mentioned, but I don't know... I had no notifications what so ever when I got here this morning but I had been quoted in several threads last night. Maybe I'm doodeling with my mac in my sleep. Wouldn't surprise me.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If you never get quote notifications for any threads, it's worth submitting a Contact form to report the problem so we can check if it's a problem with your MacRumors account. Perhaps your email service was bouncing all messages back to our servers, for example.

However, if it happens inconsistently (now and then or for one thread but not another) then I don't have a ready explanation, and checking your own settings and subscriptions is the best chance of finding the glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.