Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curtido

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Hello,
I have a macbook pro 2.3 i5 2011 4Gb Ram 1333 with the Lion 10.7.3 installed.
I'm disappointed because the Macbook is not as fluid as possible .. How iPad 2 is more fluid than the macbook pro?
In Facebook for example is very slow when I scroll .. and flickering text when scroll too : (
Is there any solution for this? With the Mountain Lion seems to be equal and I'm getting worried ..

Thank you,
greetings

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hello,
I have a macbook pro 2.3 i5 2011 4Gb Ram 1333 with the Lion 10.7.3 installed.
I'm disappointed because the Macbook is not as fluid as possible .. How iPad 2 is more fluid than the macbook pro?
In Facebook for example is very slow when I scroll .. and flickering text when scroll too : (
Is there any solution for this? With the Mountain Lion seems to be equal and I'm getting worried ..

Thank you,
greetings

Probably need more RAM i like 16GB for my facebooking

curtido

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Probably need more RAM i like 16GB for my facebooking

Only Safari, Mail and Skydrive are open..iPad 2 with a much less power cpu, 512mb Ram, and nine pages open in Safari is much more fluid .. how is it possible? Im very disappointing with my new MBP 13" : (

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Did you try a different browser, chrome, safari, etc? For the record my MBP has no problems scrolling facebook on safari, and on my Mac Mini (with only 2gb of ram) it too has not sluggish

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Is the trackpad dirty? Sometimes, after oils accumulate, the trackpad isn't as responsive for me.

Have you tried resetting Safari (Safari->Reset Safari) to see if that is slowing the application down?

Scrolling is very fluid for me on my late 2011, can't imagine it would be any different for you if everything is working properly.

curtido

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
On firefox or chrome is still worse than safari ..
experienced in other MacBooks in the Apple Store is not entirely fluid scrolling .. the image shakes quite: (other sites that do not have many pictures is one more text fluid ..
Again I must say I am disappointed with this situation .. because I've spent enough money and the iPad 2 can be more fluid with far weaker HW, honestly not realize ..

Thanks for the replies.
And sorry my bad English.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.