Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crs355

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Ok guys, I need help. I am a long time iPhone lover and I have gone threw 3. I bought the iPhone 4 when it came out and saved my iPhone 3 for back up. Now I've never needed it until now but it's for my little sister since someone stole hers at Six Falgs(I personally think she lost it on a ride, but thats besides the point) Now Im letting her have it instead of buying a new one since its laying around. But here's the thing.... I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!! AND IT HAS NO ACTIVE SIM. So my question is, do I have to take it to Apple to get into it, the AT&T store, or is there an at-home trick to unlocking it?

Please all tips and help is welcome.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Ok guys, I need help. I am a long time iPhone lover and I have gone threw 3. I bought the iPhone 4 when it came out and saved my iPhone 3 for back up. Now I've never needed it until now but it's for my little sister since someone stole hers at Six Falgs(I personally think she lost it on a ride, but thats besides the point) Now Im letting her have it instead of buying a new one since its laying around. But here's the thing.... I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!! AND IT HAS NO ACTIVE SIM. So my question is, do I have to take it to Apple to get into it, the AT&T store, or is there an at-home trick to unlocking it?

Can't you just dfu restore?

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011

Can't you just go steal another one without a password on it. Lol

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Why do people assume its stolen?!

Op google gfu restore

Because the guys gone "threw" 3 iPhone yet never used the site and his first post is how to get into a stolen sorry I mean locked iPhone that he forgot the pin to.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Because the guys gone "threw" 3 iPhone yet never used the site and his first post is how to get into a stolen sorry I mean locked iPhone that he forgot the pin to.

You do realize there are millions of iPhone users that "never used the site". Believe it or not, there are people that buy a device and JUST USE IT.

Last edited:

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
You do realize there are millions of iPhone users that "never used the site". Be leave it or not, there are people that buy a device and JUST USE IT.

Yer sure there are but something tells me that there are not millions of people who put a pin of an iphone and the "forget" it.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
Yer sure there are but something tells me that there are not millions of people who put a pin of an iphone and the "forget" it.

What do you gain from not helping out someone who you are not 100% sure stole the iPhone?

Stuff like this happens

Hype2k2

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, Texas

I work with living proof of that and I can say I have a restore for her in case she does it for the fourth time. She is a complete ditz on passwords and pins. Best part of all is that she saves all of her passwords in the note app...

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009

Very easy. Just restore. Unfortunately you will lose all information you have on the device, but you can just restore through iTunes to a previous backup.

And of course some people say "but I never backed up my iPhone" or "I don't have the computer that i used to use anymore". But unfortunately, you're SOL (to my knowledge) and should just stick to restoring.

If you've just left it lying around, chances are you didn't need any important information off that phone anyway, so no troubles! Obviously if you forgot the passcode, you didn't use it too often since you got your 4, so clearly there must not have been extremely vital or important information on there. So cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.