Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Eddyish
macrumors member

Suggest an iPhone case?

I'm looking for something that has a lay on the table design, something that's got a semi-rigid design sorta silicone (but not completely silicone because they're lint magnets), something rather plain looking (colored cases are fine) and something that I can stick into my pockets.

Also is the NGP case slippery? Because that would be something that fits all my criteria.
Eddyish is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:07 AM   #2
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Sounds like you need the speck candyshell. I have mixed feelings about this case... Mine had the peeling issue, which I absolutely hate and that's why I don't use mine anymore. But others haven't had this issue, and if you're lucky enough to get one without the peeling issue, it's a great case.
xAnthony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Roessnakhan
macrumors 68040

I've played with a few different cases (Case Crown, Speck, and Incipio).

The Case Crown has a pretty cheap looking design (ribbed sides on some models), and depending on which one you get the camera flash will reflect off of the case and cause hazy pictures. Speck feels sturdy, but I also found it bulky and it wasn't as easy to slip in and out of my pocket.

I settled on the Incipio feather (in my case the white "Tonic" one), and I think it is about as plain as you can get.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Ray-
macrumors regular

It depends what you want. If you're looking for a soft rubbery case, you probably want one made from TPU as oppose to silicone. Like you said, silicone tends to stretch and deform over time, and they collect dust like crazy.

Cases from speck and griffin are always good, but if you want something a little different, check out the designs from our artists. You can even PM me and I can send you one to try out on the house!

Last edited by Ray-; Apr 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Ray- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:56 AM   #5
BrandonZ
macrumors regular

Definitly a TPU case. Look at the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential. Make sure if you get the Belkin its the 050 not the 031. They look very simialar but the 031 is a older version and doesnt fit very will. I have both and love them. The Belkin is a little slimmer but the NGP seems to offer more protection.

EDIT: I dont find the NGP slippery at all. Its has a nice feel to it.

BrandonZ is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:50 AM   #6
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Click HERE! Best cases for iPhone, iPad, and iPod.

I have the REVO 4. Great case.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Eddyish
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonZ View Post
Definitly a TPU case. Look at the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential. Make sure if you get the Belkin its the 050 not the 031. They look very simialar but the 031 is a older version and doesnt fit very will. I have both and love them. The Belkin is a little slimmer but the NGP seems to offer more protection.

EDIT: I dont find the NGP slippery at all. Its has a nice feel to it.

ImageImage
If that's the case I'll probably get the NGP. My only worries were that it might be slippery. I checked out Belkin and while the 050's nice I kinda fell in love with the 013. Does anyone know more about the 013 essential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray- View Post
It depends what you want. If you're looking for a soft rubbery case, you probably want one made from TPU as oppose to silicone. Like you said, silicone tends to scratch and deform over time, and they collect dust like crazy.

Cases from speck and griffin are always good, but if you want something a little different, check out the designs from our artists. You can even PM me and I can send you one to try out on the house!
Ray, that'd be great but I'm based in Hong Kong so it might be some trouble shipping from where you're located (I'm guessing America or Europe).

Last edited by Eddyish; Apr 28, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Eddyish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:08 AM   #8
RickG
macrumors regular

magpul
RickG is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:11 AM   #9
bdoople
macrumors member

I'd look into the ZooGue cases. They're free right now (plus $4 shipping) and come in many colors. I don't use mine much but I bought 3 because why not. The silicon material is nice, not sticky and somewhat firm that doesn't seem to attract lint, feels more like a TPU case but thinner. They do have some lay on the table too.

http://www.zoogue.com/free-iphone-4s-social-shell-case/
bdoople is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Dhelsdon
macrumors 65816

LifeProof!
Old May 1, 2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Ray-
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyish View Post

Ray, that'd be great but I'm based in Hong Kong so it might be some trouble shipping from where you're located (I'm guessing America or Europe).
Hey no worries, let me know if you see anything you like, no strings attached. Always looking to give back to the community.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:48 AM   #12
Qfic
macrumors member

Zum Gelee has been the best case for me, hands down!
Qfic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories