Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2006
UK
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my 4th replacement new iPad. Its the best screen I've seen myself. Minimal bleed, no dead pixels, there is a slight colour cast but it's not noticeable to the naked eye (mine anyway). Fit and finish on this one are spot on too. Solid black and white screen pics are on 100% brightness, grey scale and macrumors pics are on 45%.

I did also have a decent screen on my 3rd replacement (again DY factory) but alas that one kept dropping its wifi. This one looks like being a keeper.

If anyone has a perfect screen lets see it!

Cheers :apple:

Attachments

• IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 217

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my 4th replacement new iPad. Its the best screen I've seen myself. Minimal bleed, no dead pixels, there is a slight colour cast but it's not noticeable to the naked eye (mine anyway). Fit and finish on this one are spot on too. Solid black and white screen pics are on 100% brightness, grey scale and macrumors pics are on 45%.

I did also have a decent screen on my 3rd replacement (again DY factory) but alas that one kept dropping its wifi. This one looks like being a keeper.

If anyone has a perfect screen lets see it!

Cheers :apple:

What is with the pink noticeablely on the bottom....did you try a restore for the wifi dropping because I had the same issue and solved it with a iTunes restore?

rz-jacks

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
West Lafayette IN
I don't mean to burst your bubble but from the pictures there's clearly a difference in color throughout the screen. Might be a lot different in real life tho

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I don't mean to burst your bubble but from the pictures there's clearly a difference in color throughout the screen. Might be a lot different in real life tho

Here I was trying to be nice and only told him about the pink :p

dantay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2006
UK

Yeah, it's funny but you can't see it unless you take a photo of it! It's a whole lot better than my first 2..... they were terrible. I wasn't saying mine was perfect just decent enough to live with. I've seen some shocking pics posted on here :(

Madjobs

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
That is probably gonna be as good as it gets......

Sad but true!
I will take my 2 I had for a yr over the junk apple is pushing out.
Quality control is sadly tossed aside by apple on the 3 release
Of course I will get flamed by the apple ra ra boys-
But here is a suggestion the fanboys will tell you-

"you look too hard for problems,just keep it,nothing is perfect,you are OCD,and
Keep staring at it-there it is gone and no pink.

TOO BAD FANBOYS,NOT ON MY 800 bucks I paid to apple for this junk.
The 2 is way better than the 3in screen quality-
Soo much for there touted "RECTUM" display

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
Here's my screen. Max brightness, auto brightness off. Shot with the iPHone 4S. Will shoot another pic with a digicam if someone really wants.

It has no color shift and near perfect brightness uniformity, it's as close to perfect as I have found. (6 iPads later)

The whites are neutral and incredible very good overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Here's my screen. Max brightness, auto brightness off. Shot with the iPHone 4S. Will shoot another pic with a digicam if someone really wants.

It has no color shift and near perfect brightness uniformity, it's as close to perfect as I have found. (6 iPads later)

[url=http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4794/photo2cvg.jpg]Image[/URL]

That screen looks pretty good to me.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/photo2cvg.jpg/

Now I am jealous! That is a very nice screen and congrats , they should all look like that!

My iPad looks like the op but it is half my screen or left half in landscape mode with pink/yellow on one side and green on the other

Kudos to your lucky ticket

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
What week is the DM?
Serial number: DMPHJ2...
Name: iPad 3
Group1: iPad
Group2:
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,3
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 15 (April)
introduced test: GOED
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: A1403
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)
External link: Repair guide by iFixit
External link: Portatronix sells parts for this iPad
Uitbreidingen: Uitbreidingsmogelijkheden van dit apparaat

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Serial number: DMPHJ2...
Name: iPad 3
Group1: iPad
Group2:
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,3
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 15 (April)
introduced test: GOED
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: A1403
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)
External link: Repair guide by iFixit
External link: Portatronix sells parts for this iPad
Uitbreidingen: Uitbreidingsmogelijkheden van dit apparaat

Thanks ...mine is a DM but week 9 and no jackpot for me

Madjobs

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
That is the way they should be-mzjin

I said there are good ones to be had as yours is
It is just after 3 returns I gave up
You should not have todo do multiple returns to get an acceptable one
Apple qc has hit a new low-penny wise and dollar foolish
A few bucks invested in qc would cure this junk

I can hear the fanboys coming now-lol

Great ya got a good one-it only took 6 exchanges-un-frickin believable
I hate to say it but hp has better qc than apple on this 3 release-
Hope they wake up

dantay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2006
UK

Now that's a nice even screen! I'd love one like that! This is the first unit ive had without dents, dust, scratches and other cosmetic defects so I'm at the end of my returns conveyor :)

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I will be kind and only say that is definitely not perfect

Lol u don't have to be kind and yeah it pretty much is your probably looking at it through your yellow one

The second pic looks blotchy but that's just how the photo came out its perfectly unified

----------

Actually after reading all your posts I think your just jelly cause u got a **** one lol..good luck with your half tinted iPad

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Lol u don't have to be kind and yeah it pretty much is your probably looking at it through your yellow one

The second pic looks blotchy but that's just how the photo came out its perfectly unified

----------

Actually after reading all your posts I think your just jelly cause u got a **** one lol..good luck with your half tinted iPad

Perhaps it maybe the way the camera reproduced the colors but I see a lot discoloration, it could better in person tho....from that picture it looks terrible

----------

----------

Not jealous at all and if I was I would let you know .If you did read all my post you would see I am jealous about mz's iPad

Eadfrith

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
Lindisfarena
I will be kind and only say that is definitely not perfect

Hmmm weird. I can see what I think you are referring to. The left side a subtle pinkish the right green. However the poster says the screen, when viewed in person, is perfect. Is taking a picture of an LCD screen, probably with a camera phone, then posting and viewing the picture through another LCD screen really going to give a true representation of the screen when viewed in person?

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK

----------

Ive noticed the same 3 or 4 people are keeping these bad iPad screen issue threads going.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Hmmm weird. I can see what I think you are referring to. The left side a subtle pinkish the right green. However the poster says the screen, when viewed in person, is perfect. Is taking a picture of an LCD screen, probably with a camera phone, then posting and viewing the picture through another LCD screen really going to give a true representation of the screen when viewed in person?

I own 2 iPads ..my ipad2 bought on launch so I can compare my 3 to it and it really is very difficult to show how it looks mainly because everyone is looking at it with different monitors and such and I used an iPhone to take the pic.

But I am over satisfied with me or else I would clearly have replaced it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.