Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:09 PM   #101
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
Thibs is too cautious about his leads, even if the leads are big. This won't cost him his job, because he's one of the best coaches in the league, and so letting him go may hurt the team more than help it.

Also, the injury itself is not Thib's fault. It's bad luck. Who knows what Rose's knee condition was like! Clearly, it wasn't strong. Perhaps this would have happened anyway in Game 2, possible Game 3. This injury was more of an inevitability than anything else.
right. its a shame as a bulls fan, but they've surprised me this season so far, and they might just rally around rose's injury. so who knows, but its likely that their excellent season has just been lost.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:50 PM   #102
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Celtics are playing the Hawks today!
Avery Bradley has really improved and was even a nominee for Player of the Month. #18

Edit: It was a terrible terrible game. Rondo was the only one out of the Big 4 that produced in all quarters. KG struggled in the first half and Paul Pierce couldn't hit a shot throughout the game. Not to mention Rondo got thrown out and may be suspended for a game. I just hope the Celtics can start making their usual shots and the officiating becomes better.

Last edited by leftywamumonkey; Apr 29, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
leftywamumonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:41 AM   #103
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

What a comeback by the Clippers

Watching the post game and Marc Gasol looks like he's gonna cry
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:43 AM   #104
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquorpuki View Post

I was really disappointed by Memphis. They let a huge lead escape.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:51 AM   #105
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:

What an absolute egg Memphis laid at home. How in the world do you let a team go on a 26-4 run (or something close) to close out a playoff game in your building? Yikes.

And, really, is there any reason to watch the anything but the last 5 minutes of an NBA game?

And Rondo...dumb move. With one suspension already this year, you have to figure he's going to miss at least 1 game. With the team already down 1 - not good news for the Celtics. And even dumber? His explanation. He tripped. Sure he did.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:35 AM   #106
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
And Rondo...dumb move. With one suspension already this year, you have to figure he's going to miss at least 1 game. With the team already down 1 - not good news for the Celtics. And even dumber? His explanation. He tripped. Sure he did.
I fully admit I am biased and also still quite annoyed at the end of that game - but I really can understand Rondo's frustration. Two garbage calls (out of bounds, non-jump ball) at the end of the game when the Celtics were closing the gap. Just horrible. Rondo shouldn't have done that, but here's hoping the NBA buys his lie. Losing him for a game would be a real problem - although the C's have been known to rally around adversity, and they have two points to circle up around now: Rondo's possible suspension, and the ******** by the refs.

Otherwise, just a ridiculously bad, bad shooting night for Pierce and KG repping Clank City for most of the night. Really, one you'd like to forget.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying what he did was right. I'm a fan, I'm allowed to get pissed, he should have known better and not hurt his team. Disappointing, for sure, even if I understand his frustration.

Quote:
What an absolute egg Memphis laid at home. How in the world do you let a team go on a 26-4 run (or something close) to close out a playoff game in your building? Yikes.

And, really, is there any reason to watch the anything but the last 5 minutes of an NBA game?
CLIPPERS! So very, very happy about the end of that game. The mental toughness shown in coming back from that kind of deficit on the road will pay dividends for the Clippers going forward. Super proud of my adopted team tonight. Unfortunately, losing Caron Butler for the rest of the playoffs is going to really hurt.

Last edited by Queen of Spades; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Queen of Spades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:34 PM   #107
chordate68
macrumors regular

What? No Laker love in here?

The Kraken is released, in Andrew Bynum, he goes for a triple double 10pts 13reb 10blk, and he passes the great Kareem Abdul Jabbar for most blocks in the playoffs as a Laker. Kobe also has a quite 30, as the Spaniard finishes 2reb and 2 assists short of a triple double. The big surprise here was Ebanks, who finished the 1st quarter the leading scorer.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:52 PM   #108
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

I'd love to see the Spurs against Miami. Kobe vs LeBron would also be fun. Not sure why Dallas made that trade after winning the championship.
Yr Blues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:05 PM   #109
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Dumb move = understatement. Rondo is an idiot. The team should suspend him before the league does. How selfish can you be? He clearly knows the rules and what would happen, and he did it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
Edit: Also, I'm not saying what he did was right. I'm a fan, I'm allowed to get pissed, he should have known better and not hurt his team. Disappointing, for sure, even if I understand his frustration.
Frustration is one thing. Yelling at the ref for a bad call (which is why he got the first technical) is forgivable. Bumping the ref right after is as stupid, boneheaded, and selfish as it comes.

I can't stand Rondo. He just has that me-first attitude. It's not about him, it's about the team. You would never see PP or KG do something like that. Wish we would have traded him for CP3 when we had the chance.
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:19 PM   #110
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
I can't stand Rondo. He just has that me-first attitude. It's not about him, it's about the team. You would never see PP or KG do something like that. Wish we would have traded him for CP3 when we had the chance.
I don't have a problem with him, at times I wish he was more mature, but there's a reason why there aren't tons of players that are gifted both on and off the court. I think the word to describe my feeling on it is disappointment. I had hoped he turned a corner with his maturity and that incidents like this wouldn't happen anymore.

And the reason why that trade didn't go down is because CP3 is more of a complete package, and thus, better than Rondo. It's not like the Hornets were all ready to deal us Chris Paul and we backed out.

That said, I think we win game 2 without Rondo. No way Pierce shoots like that again, and I can see the guys rallying.

Edit: One more thing - the officiating in the NBA, especially in the playoffs, is atrocious. Period. Bad calls cost the Celtics 2 possessions in a game they were closing the gap in. I really hate that it's just accepted that this will happen as often as it does.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:10 PM   #111
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chordate68 View Post
What? No Laker love in here?

The Kraken is released, in Andrew Bynum, he goes for a triple double 10pts 13reb 10blk, and he passes the great Kareem Abdul Jabbar for most blocks in the playoffs as a Laker. Kobe also has a quite 30, as the Spaniard finishes 2reb and 2 assists short of a triple double. The big surprise here was Ebanks, who finished the 1st quarter the leading scorer.
Laker love right here. I missed the game because it was too early but Bynum is probably the coolest cat on the court. He's like, you guys go score and do whatever, I'll just stay here and block everything. Also nice to hear Mike Brown give Bynum his props. He's usually cheerleading for Kobe instead.

It's funny seeing the effect playoff basketball has on these teams. Half the players aren't the same. Deep teams like the Nuggets and the Knicks underperform. Guys like Ebanks and Nic Young step up out of nowhere. Vets grind it out and play dirty.

Between the injuries and the Clippers comeback, this is probably the most interesting set of round 1 game 1's I've ever followed.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:06 PM   #112
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

No surprise here....

Rondo Suspended for Game 2
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:44 PM   #113
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
No surprise here....

Hopefully the Celtics can rally back and win it in 5. The last game was just embarrassing.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:46 PM   #114
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:
No surprise here....

Well, it was deserved. Hopefully he makes it up to his teammates with a monster playoff performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftywamumonkey View Post
Hopefully the Celtics can rally back and win it in 5. The last game was just embarrassing.
5? Well, that's faith. I think the Celtics win this series, but I think it probably goes 6. Hopefully not 7 though.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:12 PM   #115
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
It could be worse...you could be a Knicks fan.

PS:

<---- Knicks Fan
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:20 PM   #116
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:

PS:

<---- Knicks Fan
Did you hear Amare Stoudemire punched a glass fire extinguisher case in the Knicks locker room? Sliced his hand up bad enough to require paramedics. Hopefully his hand isn't seriously injured, because WTF dude. Still not as dumb as Rondo, though.

And Lakers' Jordan Hill charged with felony assault after choking girlfriend

Lots of idiocy and bad news in the NBA today.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:32 PM   #117
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

PS:

<---- Knicks Fan
Quote:
Did you hear Amare Stoudemire punched a glass fire extinguisher case in the Knicks locker room? Sliced his hand up bad enough to require paramedics. Hopefully his hand isn't seriously injured, because WTF dude. Still not as dumb as Rondo, though.

I didn't watch Game 2 of the Knicks game, but it would be nice if they beat the heat. I'm not counting out the Knicks yet, unless they have another repeat of Game 1. (I don't think the Heat deserve a championship, remember last year? Celebrating before actually winning, making fun of sick Dirk, the dumb remarks, etc..) Eh, the Heat don't have a great half-set offense so I don't think it's impossible for the Knicks to win the series.

The Playoffs are crazy!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:38 PM   #118
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:

I did hear that.....You know it's bad when the Knicks are pulling a Kevin Brown up in there...The good news is that they managed to lose by less than 30 this time. So, there's that.

And the joke on Twitter is that Landry Fields tried to hit the same fire extinguisher but missed.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:50 PM   #119
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I didn't watch Game 2 of the Knicks game, but it would be nice if they beat the heat. I'm not counting out the Knicks yet, unless they have another repeat of Game 1. (I don't think the Heat deserve a championship, remember last year? Celebrating before actually winning, making fun of sick Dirk, the dumb remarks, etc..) Eh, the Heat don't have a great half-set offense so I don't think it's impossible for the Knicks to win the series.
Impossible, no. Unlikely, yes. Especially now that they're down 0-2. Naturally I am rooting for the Knicks in this series. Yes, I'd root for a New York team if it meant rooting against the Heat any day of the week. I don't really have a problem with the Knicks anyway.

Quote:
And the joke on Twitter is that Landry Fields tried to hit the same fire extinguisher but missed.
Ha. I will say this, I think the Knicks are a PG away from being legit. Especially if Lin can improve his turnover problem. They're not old like the Celtics, so you have to think they're on the upswing.

Edit: Also, of course, hoping Iman Shumpert can come back from his ACL injury.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:51 PM   #120
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Posting and Toasting says Amare's out and might miss the rest of the series because of his busted hand.

So you got Schumpert out for 6-8 months, Lin out until the second round (if they make it that far), Davis with a back that can stiffen any minute now, and Amare out because of his own dumb self

Quote:
Ha. I will say this, I think the Knicks are a PG away from being legit. Especially if Lin can improve his turnover problem. They're not old like the Celtics, so you have to think they're on the upswing.

Edit: Also, of course, hoping Iman Shumpert can come back from his ACL injury.
I've been watching Knicks games all year because I've been following Lin since the Warriors. TO's or not, I think Lin is legit. I think the Knicks gain something like +30% efficiency rating when he's on the floor. But I don't think he'll matter against the Heat. They're just too good this year
Old May 1, 2012, 12:31 AM   #121
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Posting and Toasting says Amare's out and might miss the rest of the series because of his busted hand.

So you got Schumpert out for 6-8 months, Lin out until the second round (if they make it that far), Davis with a back that can stiffen any minute now, and Amare out because of his own dumb self

I've been watching Knicks games all year because I've been following Lin since the Warriors. TO's or not, I think Lin is legit. I think the Knicks gain something like +30% efficiency rating when he's on the floor. But I don't think he'll matter against the Heat. They're just too good this year
Ugh, Amare. I'm disgusted. I understand frustration, but come on. And there are actually reports that Lin may be back by Game 4 - I just don't see the point. They have no chance in this series. Let him heal to 100% and bring everyone (or try) back next year. A full training camp and a normal season will do wonders for this team. They have promise - they just need more experience all playing together...it seems at least 1 of them was injured and they never really had a chance to gel as a group. How many times did Amare, Melo, Chandler, and Lin all play in the same game? And I really believe that Lin's TO's will decline as he gets more and more experience -and learning to play with the other guys on the team.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:21 AM   #122
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Yeah, they're not beating the Heat - but wow. That is officially one of the dumbest moves ever. Way to give the Heat a good chance at a sweep and plenty of rest moving forward.

I wasn't saying Lin sucks, I meant he's only going to get better as he cuts down his turnovers.

Quote:
Ugh, Amare. I'm disgusted. I understand frustration, but come on. And there are actually reports that Lin may be back by Game 4 - I just don't see the point. They have no chance in this series. Let him heal to 100% and bring everyone (or try) back next year. A full training camp and a normal season will do wonders for this team. They have promise - they just need more experience all playing together...it seems at least 1 of them was injured and they never really had a chance to gel as a group. How many times did Amare, Melo, Chandler, and Lin all play in the same game? And I really believe that Lin's TO's will decline as he gets more and more experience -and learning to play with the other guys on the team.
Yeah, no point in rushing Lin back now. Make the offseason priority a point guard, and the Knicks will be really good next year.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:32 AM   #123
Abstract
macrumors Penryn

Lin's TO rate is well-documented, but a bit unsubstantiated. He turned over the ball 6, 7, or even 8 times per game, but he was handling the ball more than anybody on the team, and was also playing like 40-45 minutes per game under D'Antoni.

Secondly, he had plenty of games where he only turned the ball over 2-4 times per game, and on a per minute basis, he didn't do too poorly.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:18 AM   #124
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yeah, no point in rushing Lin back now. Make the offseason priority a point guard, and the Knicks will be really good next year.
I honestly think the Knicks are the deepest team in the NBA. They've just been plagued by injuries, that point guard problem at the beginning of the year, and that D'Antoni-Carmelo rift. But I picture them as contenders next year. Unless Dolan starts screwing with the roster again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
Lin's TO rate is well-documented, but a bit unsubstantiated. He turned over the ball 6, 7, or even 8 times per game, but he was handling the ball more than anybody on the team, and was also playing like 40-45 minutes per game under D'Antoni.

Secondly, he had plenty of games where he only turned the ball over 2-4 times per game, and on a per minute basis, he didn't do too poorly.
The other thing is Lin usually makes the right play. He'll only settle for jumpers if he's left open or his man expects him to drive. Otherwise he'll slash to the hole or look for the assist. Meanwhile, every guard that's not a playmaker naturally has a low TO rate because they're looking for their own shot instead of trying to create. Toney Douglas had a low TO rate because he would just bring the ball down and chuck contested 3's instead of dribble through traffic as a facilitator. Those 3's might as well have been turnovers since they didn't go in and resulted in defensive boards most of the time.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:02 PM   #125
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020

Down by 11, no Rondo, no Ray Allen, no problem.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion