Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1, 2012, 06:27 AM   #1
ZebraineZ
macrumors 6502

How to mount network hd as nfs?

Ugh I'm already ripping my hair out.

So basically I have an Airport Extreme, I have a simple external HD attached to it in the usb place.

I have a jailbroken Atv2 and afp/smb streaming works fine for the moment (although in xbmc the drive doesn't show up at all).

I want to watch more high def stuff I've ripped but it's impossible because I've tried everything to mount that drive as an NFS drive (nfs has much better quality and practically no buffering).

The error I get through terminal doing all that stuff and with NFS Manager (and anything else there is) is this

Code:
exports:1: kernel export registration failed: NFS exporting not supported by fstype "afpfs" (fh)
the path I have for the drive is '/Volumes/NetworkHD' (without quotes).

So I honestly have no idea what to do or what this means and I just really need help I've looked ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over google and the ONLY site I found this error was on this ONE greek forum that I couldn't even understand even with the page translated, seems like no one found a solution and I reallllllllllyyyyyyy hope no one ignores this.

I'm just assuming AFP isn't compatible to be re-shared or whatever as NFS? or something? urgh -__- thanks.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater