Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1, 2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Dela Boy
macrumors newbie

Full disk, locked up MacBook recovery?

I recently used ccleaner on my MacBook. The general clean up stuff worked well. But then I had to go the extra mile and perform an erase empty disk. While it was performing this it used up the empty 80gb+ left on my hard drive and stopped some other apps working. So I cancelled the opperation. The disk space was still taken, so I went to restart. Now after a full disk warning and logging in I'm getting nothing but the purple star scape and my mouse icon. How do I get finder running or possibly ccleaner running to clear some disk space and get everything working properly?
I changed harddrives at the start of the year. Was considering installing the old harddrive starting windows with that. Mean while crack open my seagate external, install this harddrive and tidy it up through USB. Would this work? Is there an easier way? The MacBook is my only computer. And I don't know anyone else daft enough to own a "they're great when they work" mac.
Dela Boy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store