Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueFinch

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
Hamm, Germany
Dell(XPS) and Apple users are very different target groups.

I would say that 99% of the Apple users wouldn't find the GFX in the Macbook oder iMac case.

2006 i bought a Dell Inspiron 9300 and replaced the 6800go with a 7800GTX go. That wasn't hard difficult, but i have many years expiriance in this field.

kitsunestudios

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
Heh, I get a feeling a lot of the people aren't really going to be tech guys either. I think Apple realizes that, and has chosen to prioritize size, weight, silence, and elegance over easy end-user upgradability or expandability

If they can make RAM or HD access easy, they'll do it. If they have to wedge the HD into a tight spot and solder the ram to the motherboard to shave off a few millimetres off the thickness or keep the lines of the system aesthetically pleasing, they'll do that instead. If they can save money using a standardized part, they will. If they need a proprietary part to make it fit, they will.

The exception, of course is the Mac Pro.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Heh, I get a feeling a lot of the people aren't really going to be tech guys either. I think Apple realizes that, and has chosen to prioritize size, weight, silence, and elegance over easy end-user upgradability or expandability

If they can make RAM or HD access easy, they'll do it. If they have to wedge the HD into a tight spot and solder the ram to the motherboard to shave off a few millimetres off the thickness or keep the lines of the system aesthetically pleasing, they'll do that instead. If they can save money using a standardized part, they will. If they need a proprietary part to make it fit, they will.

The exception, of course is the Mac Pro.

That's pretty much nailed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.