Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoungVizion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Texas
Hi I'm YoungVizion,

I recently attempted to jailbreak my iPhone 3G currently on 4.2.1. I tried to jailbreak it using redsnow and install cydia. I downloaded what i think is the correct ipsw. So I jailbreak it and let it do all of it's processes and reboot. When it reboots the cydia icon is grey and when I click on it says "Network Error" "Unable to Load". So I open up redsnow again and do a just boot and the cydia icon is still grey and won't work. If anyone can tell me how to fix it or where to download the correct ipsw for my iPhone 3G. So if anyone can help me fi this problem it would be amazing. Thanks for the help in advance.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi I'm YoungVizion,

I recently attempted to jailbreak my iPhone 3G currently on 4.2.1. I tried to jailbreak it using redsnow and install cydia. I downloaded what i think is the correct ipsw. So I jailbreak it and let it do all of it's processes and reboot. When it reboots the cydia icon is grey and when I click on it says "Network Error" "Unable to Load". So I open up redsnow again and do a just boot and the cydia icon is still grey and won't work. If anyone can tell me how to fix it or where to download the correct ipsw for my iPhone 3G. So if anyone can help me fi this problem it would be amazing. Thanks for the help in advance.

Get your IPSW from the iPhoneWiki.
Go to iClarified.com, look backwards in the tutorials until you find the one for 3G on 4.2.1. Use that Redsn0w version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.