Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
After years of owning iPhones, the frustrations, tired design and lack of customisation got the better of me and I bought a Samsung S2. And it's an awesome phone in many more ways than the iPhone. Except one...

I noticed this morning I've put on a little weight and realised I haven't been running for a couple of months. Simple reason is that I can no longer use my Nike Plus GPS app. I didn't really see just how much of a motivation the Nike Plus app was.

In the space of two months I went from running for a total of eight minutes to running 10K three or four times a week.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I loved the Cardio Trainer app on my Droid. I also used Endomondo on the Droid before I found it for the iPhone. Both actually seemed to work a lot better than the Nike+ GPS. Often Nike+GPS doesn't locate me for some reason. I'm talking about the paid app.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Your health was damaged long ago you just did not know it. It's all in your head. ;)

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Its just that Android is so much more productive than IOS so now you have all that spare time to sit and watch TV :)

After years of owning iPhones, the frustrations, tired design and lack of customisation got the better of me and I bought a Samsung S2. And it's an awesome phone in many more ways than the iPhone. Except one...

I noticed this morning I've put on a little weight and realised I haven't been running for a couple of months. Simple reason is that I can no longer use my Nike Plus GPS app. I didn't really see just how much of a motivation the Nike Plus app was.

In the space of two months I went from running for a total of eight minutes to running 10K three or four times a week.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Better Yet...

Put the stupid phone down, and just run. Sounds more like excuses to be lazy.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Rather than post a troll headline, you should be ask for suggestions on what might replace the lost functionality, assuming you're sticking with Android. While I can't help in that regard, someone on here will most likely have some advice. You're just approaching it in a very bad way.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
So you 'can't' exercise and have to get fat again because android doesn't have the same fitness app as iOS does? Either:

1. Get a different fitness app that is available for Android. I'm sure Nike+ isn't the only fitness app for smartphones.

2. Why do you need a fitness app to exercise anyway? Christ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.