Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goudaphunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Hi all,

I am currently teaching fourth grade and am looking for some assistance with Airplay? I have a 27 inch TV, a gen 2 ATV, and a wireless router. The problem I am having is the Airplay icon is not showing up when I double click the home button and scroll right. Airplay is enabled on my ATV. My iPad and ATV are on the same network. I am thinking it could be a port blocking Airplay, but I am not so sure. My district does not service Apple products and I've tried going to my local store for help. My 90 day warranty has run out on my ATV as well. Any suggestions of help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks and have a great day.

Jimmy

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I wish I could bring my own router. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

You can get a cheap router, and no need for internet access on it, you can just use it as a network for airplay in your classroom. There'd be no need to worry about hooking anything up to it, from the schools end. As it would have no net access and only your deivces on it.

You can get a cheap linksys for $20

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Exactly what was said above.

Get a cheap router, don't even need to change any settings, plug it in, and connect to the network with both ATV and iPad.

I doubt the school would have any issue, because all three items will be working standalone and will not interfere with any existing network.

Only thing that might happen is a smart alec kid hijack the airplay with his own iPhone.

skittlescat

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
Victoria
AirPlay

I had the problem with AirPlay icon not showing up on any of my devices or apple tv's. I unplugged my router and then the icons reappeared on my devices once the router was plugged back in.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.