Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many of you don't have a Twitter or Facebook?

• I have neither

Votes: 63 40.9%
  • I have both

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • I have Twitter

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I have Facebook

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Occasionally use both for some half-arsed rants/promotion. Not a massive user of either.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I still don't understand the purpose of twitter...

Think of it as a "post whatever you want to talk about" thread. It's a place for verbal diarrhea. And there are no mods to edit/delete your posts or TO/ban you.:D

It took me a while to find my way around twitter, but now I like it.

I have FB as well, but only to keep in touch with certain people from back home. It's just easier for it to all be in one place.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I have and use both extensively.

I don't understand the need for either. If I want to communicate with the outside world I have a phone, messages, email etc. why would I want a butch of people I don't really speak to anymore and complete strangers to know my business.

Posted on a message forum for all to see. </irony>

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I have and use both extensively.

Posted on a message forum for all to see. </irony>

Yes I get the irony. But what do any of you guys know about me other than my IT equipment and what I have for lunch? Do I really want perspective employers to see my 18th birthday party photos when I'm drunk? Or for an ex girlfriend to know what I do each night? Or worse a perspective thief who sees I'm out at the pub tonight and can come and help him or her self to my nice apple things.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I've said a few politically incorrect things which if you did a google search you would be able to find (if you knew my real name) . I wasn't too pleased about that so I canceled my account.
What's the difference between a Twitter account and you posting on a forum?

You could say a forum has privacy issues right as well? xD

Ahh okay :p

Nighttracker

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
No crapbook but do have a twitter account, which lately I've been debating on getting rid of as well

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I've said a few politically incorrect things which if you did a google search you would be able to find (if you knew my real name) . I wasn't too pleased about that so I canceled my account.

Wait Mr McMac isn't your real name? Why didn't anybody tell me we weren't supposed to use our real names!

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Yes I get the irony. But what do any of you guys know about me other than my IT equipment and what I have for lunch? Do I really want perspective employers to see my 18th birthday party photos when I'm drunk? Or for an ex girlfriend to know what I do each night? Or worse a perspective thief who sees I'm out at the pub tonight and can come and help him or her self to my nice apple things.

Why would you post pictures of yourself drunk and underage? For that matter, why would you even get drunk at that age? Why would you allow your ex-girlfriend to have access to your Twitter feed (or why would you care if she did)?

I respect that you're trying to fend off damage control, but to me the best way to do that is not to do anything that could damage your reputation.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Why would you post pictures of yourself drunk and underage? For that matter, why would you even get drunk at that age? Why would you allow your ex-girlfriend to have access to your Twitter feed (or why would you care if she did)?

I respect that you're trying to fend off damage control, but to me the best way to do that is not to do anything that could damage your reputation.

In my country 18 is legal. When I was 18 nobody had Facebook or Twitter as the inventors of both hadn't been born!
My point is when people follow you they can find out lots of stuff you might not want to share with a bunch of strangers! Ex girlfriend was just an example.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I don't have a FB account, but I have a twitter account just for following tweets. I do have instragram but might delete my account, because I doubt I'll use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.