Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulletman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Hi everyone, forum newbie here...

As mentioned in the title I have been dealing with ethernet problems at home for a few days. When I try to access any website with my MacBook (4 y.o., running on Mac OS X 10.5.8) the page doesn't load and I end up with a timeout error message. However when I go in network preferences it indicates that my computer is connected and that the connection is OK.

My computer is connected to a cable modem via an ethernet cable. I have had this setup for months and everything was working fine until a few days ago.

And here are a couple of facts that are mind-boggling when you consider them together:

-My ethernet connection works fine at the Apple Store and public library, so it would seem the problem lies with my ISP, but:
-At home I am able to go on the internet with my old iBook G4, which would indicate the MacBook is the problem.

Waiting for a technician from my ISP to come in tomorrow. In the meantime any help with this very frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.