Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old May 3, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1
itai
macrumors member

Problem with Mail font when sending emails

I just received a new macbook pro from work with Lion on it, and from some reason I cant configure the outgoing email font to be what I want. I went to the preferences and changed under "fonts and colors" all the fonts to be what I want, but from some reason, people keep getting my emails with the font Time New Romans, which I cant seem to see anywhere and I never set up myself.

I tried to delete the indices files from the Library folder (saw somewhere that it may restart things for Mail) but that did not work. This is super frustrating, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
itai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by itai View Post
I just received a new macbook pro from work with Lion on it, and from some reason I cant configure the outgoing email font to be what I want. I went to the preferences and changed under "fonts and colors" all the fonts to be what I want, but from some reason, people keep getting my emails with the font Time New Romans, which I cant seem to see anywhere and I never set up myself.
If you select a font that the recipient doesn't have installed on their system, a font will be substituted on their end. You don't have control over what fonts your recipients may have.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Mal
macrumors 603

It's safe to say that you can't count on people receiving any formatting in emails, beyond the actual text. That is determined at the discretion of the receiving email system. Basically, you can't control what they see with any certainty.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:03 PM   #4
dmn8
macrumors member

Had this issue when sending from Mail to Exchange, it drops the formatting of the message.

I have been using Universal Mailer and it seems to have resolved the issue for me.

http://noware-it.zxq.net/
dmn8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:06 PM   #5
itai
macrumors member

cool stuff everyone, I think you all got on something. it's on an exchange and some folks are using outlook on PCs so may not have Calibri I guess..?i dont know, but anyway, at least i know its not a problem with my Mail app.
itai is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Tags
font, mac 10.7 lion, mail, mail client