Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:20 PM   #1
lukeman3000
macrumors regular

What is Retina Pad, and is it needed with the new iPad?

Pretty much what the title says. I'm slightly confused as to what exactly is retina pad and what it does.

On my new iPad, I can play iPhone games and blow them up to 2x. Does retain pad make it fill the whole screen and does it also increase the resolution so it isn't blurry?

And I'm also wondering if retina pad is still relevant, or if it is obsolete with the new iPad (which I have).
lukeman3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:32 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

I believe that retinapad does what the new iPad does automatically. Before, the iPad wouldn't use the higher quality graphics-now it does.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:01 PM   #3
melva
macrumors member

RetinaPad

The RetinaPad is something you add on to the iPad to extend te battery life. It helps the pad last longer so you See it better when the battery would otherwise be low without it.
melva is offline   -7 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:10 PM   #4
lukeman3000
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melva View Post
The RetinaPad is something you add on to the iPad to extend te battery life. It helps the pad last longer so you See it better when the battery would otherwise be low without it.
wat
lukeman3000 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:11 PM   #5
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Yeah...no.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:34 PM   #6
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman3000 View Post
Pretty much what the title says. I'm slightly confused as to what exactly is retina pad and what it does.

On my new iPad, I can play iPhone games and blow them up to 2x. Does retain pad make it fill the whole screen and does it also increase the resolution so it isn't blurry?

And I'm also wondering if retina pad is still relevant, or if it is obsolete with the new iPad (which I have).
You do not need the RetinaPad extension on the new iPad, besides you can't use it on the new iPad is ply because there's no JB for the new iPad yet anyways.
xraytech is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:40 AM   #7
Kralledr
macrumors member

I Sold my iPad 2 to get the , the New iPad and i can say if you can Spend ~100$ more buy it the Display is just amazing
Kralledr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:48 AM   #8
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:

On my new iPad, I can play iPhone games and blow them up to 2x. Does retain pad make it fill the whole screen
Nope, it only 2x, as does the normal 2x mode.

Quote:
and does it also increase the resolution so it isn't blurry?
On the iPad 1/2.

Quote:
Not relevant any more, only on the first two models, for which Apple - so that people purchase the iPad 3 - won't ever add the technology they already use in iPad 3. (Actually, they have even removed antialiasing in 2x mode in the 4->5 switch to make their iPhone emulation even uglier. Needless to say, they've added back it for iPad 3 - in addition to support for inherently Retina artwork and text.)
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:03 PM   #9
firemedicmark
macrumors 6502

Quote:
lol, how bout no!
firemedicmark is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 01:00 AM   #10
MoodyM
macrumors 6502

Quote:

only if the app has iPhone 4/4S retina graphics in its package
MoodyM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks