Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hello everyone. I just purchased a factory unlocked iPhone 4 from ebay. No accessories are included.

Right now, I'm using an old, 1st generation (2g) iPhone and I have the wall plug in charger and the sync cable for it.

Is the 2g sync cable and wall plug in charger compatible with the iPhone 4? Or will I need to buy a new sync cable and wall plug in if I want to charge/sync the iPhone 4? Thanks.

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I've been using my old 2g accessories with my iPhone 4 since it's launch date. No problems whatsoever. I think I read somewhere that it charges faster because of the difference in wattage.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks guys. I love not having to go through the hassle of jailbreaking just to use my tmobile sim card. I got the phone yesterday in the mail. I cut my mini sim card last night and turned it into a micro sim card, activated it, added all my stuff like in calander, getting ready to add all my new contacts to my address book on my iMac so I can sync it and install all my apps. I can FINALLY use 4.0 only apps now. Was so sick of dealing with apps that I could only use on 3.1.3. Thanks.

While I'm at it, does anyone want to buy my 2g iPhone from me for $150? A small dent on the top right corner, a few tiny scuffs on the back, a tiny hairline crack on the glass on the top left corner...works great. I've always had it jailbroken and so the location services have never worked except for when I'm at my house...but the gps on a 2g is crap anyway...any takers? If not, I'll just put it on ebay...

Ishmumrhmn

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks guys. I love not having to go through the hassle of jailbreaking just to use my tmobile sim card. I got the phone yesterday in the mail. I cut my mini sim card last night and turned it into a micro sim card, activated it, added all my stuff like in calander, getting ready to add all my new contacts to my address book on my iMac so I can sync it and install all my apps. I can FINALLY use 4.0 only apps now. Was so sick of dealing with apps that I could only use on 3.1.3. Thanks.

While I'm at it, does anyone want to buy my 2g iPhone from me for $150? A small dent on the top right corner, a few tiny scuffs on the back, a tiny hairline crack on the glass on the top left corner...works great. I've always had it jailbroken and so the location services have never worked except for when I'm at my house...but the gps on a 2g is crap anyway...any takers? If not, I'll just put it on ebay...

$150? WAYYY TOO HIGH!!

The 2G does not have an A-GPS

krs7272

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2010
Detroit
Look on ebay dude, there's people selling it already jailbroken and unlocked for as much as 250! Psht!

What eBay are you looking at? I just did a search and looked at completed listings and there selling from $40-100. And with all the damage to yours it's definitely in the $40 range. Good luck.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
What eBay are you looking at? I just did a search and looked at completed listings and there selling from $40-100. And with all the damage to yours it's definitely in the $40 range. Good luck.

What's this?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-iP...0660476901?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item1e6bf8a7e5

Ooh! Fail!! The back of that iPhone is in worse condition than mine. A glass screen is cheap and easy to fix. No further comments are necessary, I don't even know why I bothered with all you fanboiz on here.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
You do realize that phone you linked to is still for sale. Strike 2.

Why the $*#& are you arguing with me???? ****!!! I'm bipolar and you are absolutely PISSING ME THE (#$* OFF!!! Quit it right now!!! :mad:

There were other 2g iPhones for sale a couple months ago so just **** while you're ahead. JESUS CHRIST!

krs7272

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2010
Detroit
Easy on the venom killer. Just pointing out what your phone will most likely fetch on eBay vs the high price your peddling here. Also there's a section on the forum for sales not here. Cheers

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Easy on the venom killer. Just pointing out what your phone will most likely fetch on eBay vs the high price your peddling here. Also there's a section on the forum for sales not here. Cheers

Meh, I think I'll just sell it for $130. It works excellently, just some cosmetic issues but everything works flawlessly. The fact that it's jailbroken makes it worth more.

Sorry. I'll take a look at the "market" or whatever it is on here.

svenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
sorry applemagic but the other guy is right. I still have an original iphone that I used for many years. I was thinking of selling it and thought it could be considered a collector's item. NOPE! when I discovered I could maybe get 50 for it, I decided to hang on to it.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Why the $*#& are you arguing with me???? ****!!! I'm bipolar and you are absolutely PISSING ME THE (#$* OFF!!! Quit it right now!!! :mad:

There were other 2g iPhones for sale a couple months ago so just **** while you're ahead. JESUS CHRIST!

People with bipolar disorder make Internet forums an angry place :p

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I knew I should have kept the case on it...but it just looks so pretty without it! lol. It was perfect when I first got it.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The original iPhone isn't an easy fix with a cracked screen. Unlike the other models, the whole screen/board needs replacing- about a $120. job.

Unless the iPhone is flawless/mint you won't get anywhere near your asking price, at least on eBay.
(Your price will go up if you include all accessories including the box (with matching serial numbers.)

Ishmumrhmn

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
Meh, I think I'll just sell it for $130. It works excellently, just some cosmetic issues but everything works flawlessly. The fact that it's jailbroken makes it worth more.

Sorry. I'll take a look at the "market" or whatever it is on here.

Not really. A baby can learn to jailbreak an iPhone.

Only A Google Search Required

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.