Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I've been using a late 2008 model since I received it for Christmas that year. I need to upgrade. It has served me well for four years, but it's slowing down and the trackpad gets stuck quite a bit. I'm trying to wait for the new model to be released. So anxious, though! :p

Anyway, what do you all think of the anti-glare screen? Never had one, and thinking of trying it out since I'll be using it outside and in lecture halls this fall.

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I purchased a second hand MacBook Pro (Early 2011) model a couple days ago.
I've never owned a mac before and I absolutely love it.

It's such a nice fresh experience and feels so much better to use that a Windows based laptop.

The OS seems so far ahead to me.

I'm extremely happy with it :)

If anyone wants to give me some hints and tips with the MacBook Pro/Mac OS X then I'm listening.

Thanks

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I purchased a second hand MacBook Pro (Early 2011) model a couple days ago.
I've never owned a mac before and I absolutely love it.

It's such a nice fresh experience and feels so much better to use that a Windows based laptop.

The OS seems so far ahead to me.

I'm extremely happy with it :)

If anyone wants to give me some hints and tips with the MacBook Pro/Mac OS X then I'm listening.

Thanks
I got mine at a fair discount from Amazon and I couldn't resist haha, what model do you have? I don't have many OSX tips since I've only been using it for a few months :( xD Hope you enjoy your new machine :p

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I got mine at a fair discount from Amazon and I couldn't resist haha, what model do you have? I don't have many OSX tips since I've only been using it for a few months :( xD Hope you enjoy your new machine :p

I've got the model with the i5 Processor, 4Gb RAM and 320Gb HDD which is plenty for me. It's so nice though. It looks brand new. And I got it for such an awesome price :)

It's running Lion as well an i will definitely upgrade to Mountain Lion when it's released :)

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I've got the model with the i5 Processor, 4Gb RAM and 320Gb HDD which is plenty for me. It's so nice though. It looks brand new. And I got it for such an awesome price :)

It's running Lion as well an i will definitely upgrade to Mountain Lion when it's released :)
I agree haha! I was going to get the 15" but I didn't really want to spend the money when I have a 27" Thunderbolt Display/Mini set-up as well. The 13" is a good machine, I'm expecting it Wednesday I think hehe! xD

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I agree haha! I was going to get the 15" but I didn't really want to spend the money when I have a 27" Thunderbolt Display/Mini set-up as well. The 13" is a good machine, I'm expecting it Wednesday I think hehe! xD

Nice :)

The Mac OS X is so much nicer to use in comparison to Windows. So much more pleasant and smooth :)

I love it!

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Nice :)

The Mac OS X is so much nicer to use in comparison to Windows. So much more pleasant and smooth :)

I love it!
I agree. I don't physically have my Macbook Pro yet but it should be dispatched Tuesday as it's bank holiday in the UK ;'D

How come you didn't wait for the rumored 2012 model of the MBPs?

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I agree. I don't physically have my Macbook Pro yet but it should be dispatched Tuesday as it's bank holiday in the UK ;'D

How come you didn't wait for the rumored 2012 model of the MBPs?

Couple reasons:

1. I'm very impatient
2. I sold my Ultrabook for a great price
3. I was lucky to get the MacBook Pro for £680 from a guy online, when they start from £1,000 new over here.

So I'm very happy.
But if Apple do announce a new line of MacBook Pro's that really do impress me in terms of visual appearance and performance then I MAY sell and buy a new one.

But I hope that's doesn't happy :)

asdad123

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
I couldn't wait... found a deal I couldn't pass up.

i7 2.3
High Res anti glare
4gb ram
750gb hdd

$1490 after taxes. Picking it up tomorrow morning :)

themgrahame

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2012
Just bought my first mac - Macbook pro

Just starting to get into macs in a big way. Just in the process of moving my music across from my PC. Fun times.

Can't wait to learn so much on the forum.

Exciting times! :D:apple:

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
My god, the 13" macbook pro is amazing, it looks tiny compared to my Thunderbolt Display. I'm glad I bought now :)

soulniz

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2012
Almost can't wait any longer, everyday I feel like buying one!!! My money is burning in my pocket.

salmoally

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
Almost can't wait any longer, everyday I feel like buying one!!! My money is burning in my pocket.

Lol tell me about it! Well just remember when the new ones come out and the forum flood with talk about the new models you'll seriously regret it.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Lol tell me about it! Well just remember when the new ones come out and the forum flood with talk about the new models you'll seriously regret it.
Well, how do you know that the next update may only be a small spec bump? I liked how the Macbook Pros look now and it's not a good idea to buy a first generation product of a redesign apparently. The current machines are quite nice now :p

salmoally

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
Well, how do you know that the next update may only be a small spec bump? I liked how the Macbook Pros look now and it's not a good idea to buy a first generation product of a redesign apparently. The current machines are quite nice now :p

Well how do you know the next update may only be a small spec bump?:p

I'm jealous of the people who can buy now so close to a refresh and be happy.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Well how do you know the next update may only be a small spec bump?:p

I'm jealous of the people who can buy now so close to a refresh and be happy.
I always wanted a Macbook Pro, I would of hate to have saw Apple merge the line-ups. Yeah I guess sometimes you've gotta be happy with what you have, I guess, that's for sure :p. :apple:

mxrver

macrumors newbie
I ordered a new MBP17, 2.5ghz i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB ram two days ago (April 30th) and it still shows at Apple Orders as "Processing Items" which I take to mean is not yet scheduled for production.

Promised delivery time is 10 to 14 days from date of order which should see it arrive to join my 2007 early MBP17" which I will likely relegate to simpler tasks.

My MBP travels by air just twice a year. I never operate on battery even though I have two which I rotate monthly.

My 07 model failed twice in it's first year of service due to mother board/video failures. It's not easy getting Apple service in a foreign country like Mexico where even cheap PC's sell at a premium.

I am trusting that the version I just ordered which has been in use since last October, should have outgrown it's teething issues which I prefer not to face with the updated version everybody is patiently waiting for.

Of course, if Apple releases an updated 17" before my order goes into production, it might be hard to resist cancelling. Time will tell!

My new MBP arrived via UPS today just 4 days after dispatch from China. After unpacking and determining no visible damage, turned it on and just minutes later was transferring everything from my old MBP to new via Firewire 800. A little more than 3 hours later, everything loaded and working just like it should.

I have a large photo file on an external drive with some 60,000 HD pix. Photo files load in a flash now and no matter how hard I try to confuse it, no beachball.

Oh yes, it's silent too. Very!

Ask me if I am happy. As an MBP owner/user since 2007, I am totally pleased with my new MBP. Right now my old MBP still clean, shiny and proud sits beside my new MBP.

I'm gonna find it a new home where it's quality can be appreciated.

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Hi everyone, this will be my first post here! :)

I got a killer deal on a MacBook 2,1 from Microcenter a couple weeks ago as my first Mac ever! (Not counting my IIe from when I was a kid.)

Well it left me wanting more and not even a week later I found a refurb late 2008 15" Unibody MacBook Pro with the 2.8ghz C2D and 320GB 7200RPM HD. And I was able to make a small profit reselling the MacBook, hehe.

I immediately threw 8GB of RAM in it and also threw in a spare 500GB MomentusXT I had lying around. Running Lion 10.7.4 w/ Win7Pro on Bootcamp. I freaking love this thing!!! It is really smooth and very fast. It will definitely hold me over until the new MBP comes out later this year. :)

Oh, my caddy to fit my 120gb Force GT in my ODD bay arrives tomorrow, too. :D Then my MomentusXT will go back on the shelf and my 1TB drive will become one with my MBP. :cool:

Loonzilla

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
New and having fun

Upgrading from 2008 core 2 duo to 2011 Late 2.4 Ghz 15"; just finished installing 16 GB of ram and crucial M4 512 SSD. Damn, this thing rocks!!! Needed a computer now for some video jobs at work and not worried about upcoming refresh. Very impressed with this machine!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.