Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1
The pHan
macrumors newbie

Review and pics of the **********.net extreme fit skin

The **********.net skin is amazing. I had to write it in 133t cuz macrumors censors it for some reason. The 3m material the use is so top notch pics don't do it justice. I decided to go with the extreme instead of the easy extreme cuz I'm super OCD and would go crazy over the corner slits.
These are pics taken with my iPhone 4.

Thumb resize. Thumb resize. Thumb resize. Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

Here's pics of the corners from the front. When I first started there were very small wrinkles viewing from the back view which I was able to deal with but looking at them from the front bugged the hell out of me. As you can see now, you can't hardly tell there's a skin on when viewing from the front now. I wish I would have taken the front view pics with the wrinkles but I didn't think to do it.

Thumb resize.

This isn't actually a wrinkle here. It's a little overhang. I still might redo it.

Thumb resize. Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

The corner with the power button was def the hardest. I'm very impressed with the fact that you can fold, wrinkle, touch the hell out of the skin and it still sticks perfectly as long as you heat it up. Because I wanted it perfect, took me about an hour.

Last edited by OllyW; Apr 17, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: TIMG
The pHan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:48 AM   #2
newone757
macrumors 6502

Looks perfect. I wish I could have u apply one for me lol
newone757 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:55 AM   #3
jacob-07
macrumors regular

Looks great, I butchered my corners.
jacob-07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:30 AM   #4
thelookingglass
macrumors 65816

How did you get the corners to apply so evenly? What's the secret? I wouldn't even want to try ...
thelookingglass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:14 AM   #5
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass View Post
How did you get the corners to apply so evenly? What's the secret? I wouldn't even want to try ...
Hair dryer
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:03 PM   #6
The pHan
macrumors newbie

Yea, you need to use a hair dryer. I tried to do exactly like their videos say but it didn't work out so well, I had to come up with my own methods at times. The corners were defiantly a pain.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:17 PM   #7
geoelectric
macrumors regular

Outstanding application.

I wish I were a little more confident of my own skills on this, but I regularly butcher 50% of the screen protectors I try. I'm pretty sure applying a skin would leave it noticeably imperfect and my OCD screaming.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:45 PM   #8
The pHan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Outstanding application.

I wish I were a little more confident of my own skills on this, but I regularly butcher 50% of the screen protectors I try. I'm pretty sure applying a skin would leave it noticeably imperfect and my OCD screaming.

Thanks! You should give it a shot. Maybe the easy extreme? The material used is very forgiving.
Old May 6, 2012, 07:37 PM   #9
The pHan
macrumors newbie

Update: the corner tend to curl up and wrinkle after a couple weeks.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories