Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 2, 2012, 02:18 AM   #1
andreibutilca
macrumors newbie

Question !

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding my iPhone 4S, running iOS 5.1 and iTunes syncing.
I run apps that send me daily/specific notifications (like iStudiez). They usually work fine, but as soon as I decide to plug in my phone for a periodic iTunes sync, some apps stop giving their usual notifications (as soon as the next day) and I usually have to start tweaking and messing around with iOS and app settings to get things back working again.

My question (TL;DR): does a common everyday iTunes sync with an iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) affect in any way the way apps give me notifications?

Thanks!
andreibutilca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 05:52 AM   #2
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Nope.

Not in my experience.
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 07:46 AM   #3
andreibutilca
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer!

In this situation, is there any other possible cause of why some of my apps stop sending notifications all of a sudden?
Note: switched from a 3GS recently, also upgraded iOS, had the problem sincer forever. Might be specific software bugs, having nothing to do with the iPhone and its OS?

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2012, 04:44 AM   #4
andreibutilca
macrumors newbie

Anyone else?
Old May 7, 2012, 04:50 AM   #5
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreibutilca View Post
Anyone else?
I can't see a reason for why this would be happening and I have never heard of such an issue happening. No offence, but are you sure you aren't imagining it?
Old May 7, 2012, 04:58 AM   #6
andreibutilca
macrumors newbie

Exclamation

Offense taken .
Yep, I'm sure this is happening. Had like 4-5 assignments in a week, never got notified about them, nearly missed them. Had to manually check the app if anything got missing.
I'm really tired of manually doing things, you know, that's where the Notification Center should come in and like..do stuff on a stable basis without me having to come in and tamper with settings?
Old May 7, 2012, 05:19 AM   #7
andreibutilca
macrumors newbie

Confused.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting