Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fried Chicken

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
So my iPhone acts like it's connected to a dock when in fact it isn't. The issue manifests itself with audio issues from most applications.

It happens intermittently, and whenever I try to adjust the volume I get something like the screenshot below (notice no volume).

B/c it's jailbroken I don't want to do a full restore. I already restored it from backup, however that didn't fix the problem. While music is playing and this "issue" happens, the volume bar disappears but the music continues to play.

This also happens while I'm connected to headphones.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0666.PNG
    IMG_0666.PNG
    888.4 KB · Views: 190

Loredelgado

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
This is happening to me to... Im desperate please if you find the reason for these let me know!

applemessiah

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2011
I have had the same problem on two iPhone 4. For awhile I thought it was headphone jack and surprisingly it turned out to be dock connector assembly. I replaced that and phone works like normal again. Good luck!

keith777

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
So my iPhone acts like it's connected to a dock when in fact it isn't. The issue manifests itself with audio issues from most applications.

It happens intermittently, and whenever I try to adjust the volume I get something like the screenshot below (notice no volume).

B/c it's jailbroken I don't want to do a full restore. I already restored it from backup, however that didn't fix the problem. While music is playing and this "issue" happens, the volume bar disappears but the music continues to play.

This also happens while I'm connected to headphones.

Any ideas?
my problem was no sound it's like connected to a dock. i tried to insert a piece of stick on that hole.... don't push it to deep. and finally the sound came back! seriously it came back... hope ur problem is just like mine... really everything is been restore. I thank God for that wisdom He gave..hope this can help others..

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
my problem was no sound it's like connected to a dock. i tried to insert a piece of stick on that hole.... don't push it to deep. and finally the sound came back! seriously it came back... hope ur problem is just like mine... really everything is been restore. I thank God for that wisdom He gave..hope this can help others..

What hole are you referring too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.