Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_5_1_1.jpg

Apple today released iOS 5.1.1, offering bug fixes and other improvements for recent models of the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iOS 5.1.1, which arrives as Build 9B206, is available for the following devices via iTunes, Apple's site, and over-the-air download directly from the devices:

- Third-generation iPad: Wi-Fi, AT&T/GSM, Verizon
- iPad 2: Original Wi-Fi, New Wi-Fi (with A5 die shrink), AT&T/GSM, Verizon/CDMA
- Original iPad

- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4: GSM, CDMA
- iPhone 3GS

- iPod touch: fourth-generation, third-generation

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 5.1.1 with HDR, AirPlay, and Safari Syncing Bug Fixes

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
This shows up on my iPhone 4 as well. Hopefully it means the end of my iTunes purchase download problems on my phone.

::EDIT::
As I typed this, the main post was updated to show compatible devices :eek: .

Last edited:

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
hooray

I'm just happy for updates at all! Before the iPhone made smartphones main stream, i've owned about a dozen phones with the ability to update, but the manufactures never pushed a single update.
The only phone I had that updated regularly was my beloved Sidekick. (How I miss thee, dearest Sidekick) *tear*

BassPlayer

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
West Haven, CT
Looking forward to getting home and updating. I've had both the airplay issue and the popup that I couldn't purchase items that I've already purchased and downloaded.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I am hoping the toggle for turning off 3G is available on the 4S for AT&T. Still don't know why its not.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I really hope reading list is fixed. Many times i had to delete an entry just to get it to sync.

Btw: I LOVE reading list and use it a lot!

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
For all 10 of us wondering, I installed it and can confirm that this update does not restore the option to "Disable 3G" on the AT&T iPhone 4S. Dang it. :(

healage

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Can't wait until they allow us to download these updates over 3G... It's not really OTA until they do.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Installed like a breeze. Love the wifi update capability. Does seem snappier but that could be my imagination.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
My iPhone is definitely faster and the battery life is much better.

Lol. Sorry, I just had to.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
For all 10 of us wondering, I installed it and can confirm that this update does not restore the option to "Disable 3G" on the AT&T iPhone 4S. Dang it. :(

Then no future update will. I wonder if its now gone for 3GS & 4 users. Don't get why we 4S users can't have it but they can???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.