Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megatoerist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Hello all,

I've noticed yesterday that my macbook doesn't go to sleep according the schedule I set under System Preferences>Energy. The screen switches off just fine, the computer just doesn't go to sleep.
When I close the lid, everything works just fine.

Extra info: I'm running 10.6.7 on a late 2009 macbook pro. I've already tried repairing permissions, purging caches, booting into safe mode and quitting all applications except Finder. Nothing in the console seems to be resetting the sleep timer, but I just can't get my macbook to go to sleep on its own.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Megatoerist

Megatoerist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Been there, done that. :)
Look at Activity Monitor to see what processes you have running. Be sure you're looking at "All Processes" and not just "My Processes". Also, use Google to search the forum for other threads with this same question, to see what others found to be the cause.

Last edited:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Been there, done that. :)
- Bluetooth switched off
- Nothing shared over the network
- No external keyboard and mouse present
- No USB/peripherals connected
- Spotlight isn't indexing
- Safe mode already tried
- I hear just the fans
- Energy saver preferences are normally set to default, but I have them both at 1 minute delay for now.

Thanks!
-Megatoerist
Did you ever figure out how to fix it? I've got the same problem which magically appeared a few weeks ago...

Megatoerist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Nope, the issue is still there even after an upgrade to Lion and all subsequent patches... :(

Chrisbbarnes

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Never slept since 207

I have had this issue with my Mac Pro (2.1) since 2007 and I have never been able to resolve this, even with Apples help whilst in Apple Care.

Toven

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2012
Same...

Any success in finding the solution? For me the problem magically appeared a couple of weeks ago, hard to tell exactly when. I've been trying to figure out what could be the cause of the problem, maybe a new program I installed or something. But the only thing I can come up with is that I bought a iPad 3 around the same time the problems started. Just a coincidence maybe?

Megatoerist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Solved! (kind of)

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, everything works again. It's not a real solution if you don't plan on upgrading, but for me, it's ok. :)

Svetozar

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Sleep mode

Any success in finding the solution? For me the problem magically appeared a couple of weeks ago, hard to tell exactly when. I've been trying to figure out what could be the cause of the problem, maybe a new program I installed or something. But the only thing I can come up with is that I bought a iPad 3 around the same time the problems started. Just a coincidence maybe?

Hi, I have the same problem with the seep mode. I am o a snow leopard. have you found any solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.