Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Looks nice! :) Very interesting layout and design. I'll have it play with it some more after work... and the icon looks good too. ;)

Antares

macrumors 68000
I will have to download and try. I take it, no Android version of the app is planned? :D

So....is the macrumorsrumors.com site registered? I think its time us MacRumors fans band together and start a forum where we can discuss rumors about MacRumors. After all, discussing MacRumors rumors, here, would be like going on the official Apple support forums and discussing Apple rumors, there. The insanity! :eek:

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I will have to download and try. I take it, no Android version of the app is planned? :D

So....is the macrumorsrumors.com site registered? I think its time us MacRumors fans band together and start a forum where we can discuss rumors about MacRumors. After all, discussing MacRumors rumors, here, would be like going on the official Apple support forums and discussing Apple rumors, there. The insanity! :eek:

It would actually make sense to have an Android App, especially for AppShopper, which does list Android apps.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not sold yet. Will TouchArcade be reviewing it? I tend to get what they have favorable remarks about. ;)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Pretty ironic that this is front page news. Obviously much more important than the MacRumors app. This proves the priority level. :rolleyes:

I see what your saying, but it's a very slick app. If the MR app can be anything like this then it will be well worth the wait. I'm guessing the Toucharcade site is smaller than MR, so it makes sense to trial first and then scale.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Pretty ironic that this is front page news. Obviously much more important than the MacRumors app. This proves the priority level. :rolleyes:

Why should a MacRumors app be a priority? The mobile version of the site is more than adequate. TouchArcade benefits more greatly because it has much more content, which is easier to browse through an app. While I'm happy to hear that a MacRumors app is under development, it's not as necessary as the TouchArcade app.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Awesome! This will make browsing TA more enjoyable. Don't like the mobile version and the desktop is too slow for mobile. Can't wait for the MR app too.

I see what your saying, but it's a very slick app. If the MR app can be anything like this then it will be well worth the wait. I'm guessing the Toucharcade site is smaller than MR, so it makes sense to trial first and then scale.

Fair point. :)

Why should a MacRumors app be a priority?

No reason other than nostalgia, I guess? Which site pays the bills? Nevermind, I don't think I want to know the answer to that nowadays. Some of us remember when MacRumors wasn't just iOSRumors. :eek:

...I'm happy to hear that a MacRumors app is under development...

Yup, here's the thread where we've been discussing it ever since September of 2008. ;)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Love it, use it....

But why no universal version when so many of games reviewed are iPad / universal ?

Seems like bit of an oversight given were on the 3rd gen of iPads now so surely its more of a glaring ommision?.

magenda

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
I can't believe that there is no iPad version ! :confused:

Most of MR and TA users are Apple fanatics and have iPads too, besides iPhones. To read something like a magazine on iPhone is a pain, while iPad is the native device for such an app to be used on.

Don't know why you didn't go with a universal layout from the beginning but your app developer should give a good explanation for this to you, TA team. This was super easy for a magazine app! :mad:

If he can't do it with the money he already gets for the project, give the next version to a serious developer from the MR/TA community! :cool:

Beyond that, I wish the best success for the app! :)

ibomb

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
congrats!i'm a developer and i get some games. how can i get them showcased in this app?????should i send an email to??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.