Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
This past week I purchased the first four seasons of "The Office" on my Apple TV 2, and while seasons 3-4 were fine, I've noticed the artwork for seasons 1-2 do not appear. For instance, I'll go to TV Shows, Purchased, Comedy, The Office, and then go to either season 1 or 2, and instead of the artwork above the episode number and description, it's just a black box. When I click on the episode, the artwork is instead an eighth note, exactly what you see in iTunes when no album artwork is available.

I've checked my internet, I've signed out and back in, I've reset, I've even restored, and this problem persists. I realize that it's more of a minor, nitpicky thing, but I'd like to have the artwork properly displayed. Keep in mind, I am referring to TV shows that are in the Purchased area of the TV Shows section, not stuff that I'd watch through Home Sharing in iTunes.

Thanks!

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
I've had the artwork not show up for me, but only on a temporary basis and only as a local issue after just downloading the shows after purchase (i.e., Library -> TV Shows). A restart of iTunes always cleared the problem for me.

I've never seen the artwork not appear for TV shows in my purchased list. Must be a glitch in the iTunes store.

I do not have either of the seasons you noted so I cannot confirm the problem is universal for them. Maybe someone else who has those two seasons could jump in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.