Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
What I mean is that this link that was posted here - http://nvonews.com/2012/05/13/macbook-pro-2012-will-come-with-major-upgrades/ points out that new Macbook Pro will be complete redesign and even though Apple always have awesome designs I'm a bit scared that I won't like new Macbook Pro design as much as I love old one. I even like Pro design better then Air, if only it would be a fraction thinner.

E: Sorry for my bad english.

OKay got you now, that makes more sense.

Keep up the good work on the english (which is already pretty good):)

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Talking of pages, am I the only one who often see 1 more page than there actually are, and when I click on it I'm brought to the actual last page (the page number I clicked on -1)?

No, always happens to me on here. Well, often at least.

It's doing it right now for some reason. Even once it redirect to the "actual" last page, I can still see the "other" last page in the navigation box. When I click it I just end up back here again.

mopatops

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
UK
Talking of pages, am I the only one who often see 1 more page than there actually are, and when I click on it I'm brought to the actual last page (the page number I clicked on -1)?

Yup, me too. I've only ever noticed it in this thread but maybe that's just because I'm here most! :p

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
A quad core 13 inch running 10.8! :eek: Geekbench scores have leaked upcoming models in the past!

Really? That's cool, and exciting.

I have absolutely no idea when it comes to hardware, so I don't have the first clue whether a quad-core would/could be put in the 13", I was just throwing that out there to see what everyone else thought.

Xcallibur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Manchester

MacBook Pro 9,1 would indicate a next-gen 13" model (current models are 8,1 for the 13", 8,2 for the 15" and 8,3 for the 17"). However that GB score also shows a quad-core processor; I thought the 13" models only had dual core processors? So...

A quad core 13 inch running 10.8! :eek: Geekbench scores have leaked upcoming models in the past!

Could the system information reported have been tampered with? In other words could the reported MacBookPro9,1 actually be some home pc with edited system information details?

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Could the system information reported have been tampered with? In other words could the reported MacBookPro9,1 actually be some home pc with edited system information details?

I have no idea as I've never used GeekBench before or dealt with it. But I am assuming that yes, there are ways to do it.

Let's be honest, 99% of things can be tampered with/hacked/cracked/whatever else, if you have the right knowledge and patience/time/motivation to do it. I have a feeling it probably wouldn't be too difficult.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
MacBook Pro 9,1 would indicate a next-gen 13" model (current models are 8,1 for the 13", 8,2 for the 15" and 8,3 for the 17"). However that GB score also shows a quad-core processor; I thought the 13" models only had dual core processors? So...

Geekbench shows an i7-3820QM, which is the high-end 45W mobile processor of the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture, and 8 GB RAM. It's just not going to happen for the 13" model. If the 13" gets any quad-core processor, it will be the 3612QM, because it's 35W, and I seriously doubt that Apple will do it.

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Really? That's cool, and exciting.

I have absolutely no idea when it comes to hardware, so I don't have the first clue whether a quad-core would/could be put in the 13", I was just throwing that out there to see what everyone else thought.

It is possible yes as there is a lower power quad core this time around, but as someone says this isn't that 35W version it is the 45W version? So I don't know..

I have no idea, but this has happened before

https://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/0...book-pro-61-benchmarked-supplies-constrained/

Geekbench shows an i7-3820QM, which is the high-end 45W mobile processor of the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture, and 8 GB RAM. It's just not going to happen for the 13" model. If the 13" gets any quad-core processor, it will be the 3612QM, because it's 35W, and I seriously doubt that Apple will do it.

Aw man you have a point..

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011

35W or 45W aside as this isn't really my area of expertise, the fact that it's their high-end processor basically says what I need to know. Very unlikely Apple would want to/be able to put that in a 13" MBP and yet still keep the same price point/roughly the same price to the end user.

Thanks :) I'm guessing this is a disgruntled, impatient Apple fan having some fun.

AppleTree

Suspended
Jan 28, 2008
35W or 45W aside as this isn't really my area of expertise, the fact that it's their high-end processor basically says what I need to know. Very unlikely Apple would want to/be able to put that in a 13" MBP and yet still keep the same price point/roughly the same price to the end user.

Thanks :) I'm guessing this is a disgruntled, impatient Apple fan having some fun.

This could also mean the elimination of the 13" pro. Meaning we would only have the 15" 9,1 and the 17" 9,2. Maybe they will stick only with airs as 13"s? What do you think?

Xcallibur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Manchester
This could also mean the elimination of the 13" pro. Meaning we would only have the 15" 9,1 and the 17" 9,2. Maybe they will stick only with airs as 13"s? What do you think?

That may be a fair point! Them Geekbench results are not from a 13" Macbook pro in my opinion, so its either been faked or as you say it may well be the 15" Macbook pro.

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011

I don't think this is that likely - it's their best seller.

If they discontinued the 13" MBP they'd REALLY be pushing the Air.

Personally, I want a 15" High-Res model.

Realistically, I can afford a 13" :( However, I definitely won't be getting the Air, so I guess I'd have to save and wait if the 13" MBP was discontinued. Wouldn't be such a bad idea though as it's a much better machine.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil

Hardly. The 13" is currently the best selling Mac. Apple won't get rid of it without a very good reason.

Maybe the specs on the 13 inch are just really going to be beefed up with a moderate price increase.

Think about it. Currently the 13" MBA is sufficient for most peoples need, processor-wise, but is $100 more. With a mbp redesign we could easily see them becomes thinner, no ODD, and an SSD. This will put the 13" mbp at near parity with the 13" MBA both spec-wise and price-wise. If the two lines are to remain separate as a consumer and professional line something will have to change. The 13" mbp has basically been the consumer laptop for years, but I think it's time for Apple to actually set it apart as a real professional laptop. Beef up the specs with prices starting around $1500 or so.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
Hardly. The 13" is currently the best selling Mac. Apple won't get rid of it without a very good reason.

I could see them doing it. It's the odd one out of their notebook line - the MBP with no discrete graphics/QC CPU. I think if they discontinued it most of it's past users would be able to adapt to an Air.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Maybe the specs on the 13 inch are just really going to be beefed up with a moderate price increase.

Think about it. Currently the 13" MBA is sufficient for most peoples need, processor-wise, but is $100 more. With a mbp redesign we could easily see them becomes thinner, no ODD, and an SSD. This will put the 13" mbp at near parity with the 13" MBA both spec-wise and price-wise. If the two lines are to remain separate as a consumer and professional line something will have to change. The 13" mbp has basically been the consumer laptop for years, but I think it's time for Apple to actually set it apart as a real professional laptop. Beef up the specs with prices starting around $1500 or so.

Even if they did that (which is, of course, risky), the i7-3820QM is the top-of-line Ivy Bridge mobile processor (except for the 55W overclockable i7-3920XM, but Apple has never used one of those before).

----------

I could see them doing it. It's the odd one out of their notebook line - the MBP with no discrete graphics/QC CPU. I think if they discontinued it most of it's past users would be able to adapt to an Air.

Apple would have to rethink its lines of laptops to do that - and there were some rumors in this sense earlier this year. Apple would have to lower the prices of 13" MBAs so they could match the current price of the 13" MBPs in order not to lose its customers. And it should also beef up the MBA a little. People are still looking too much into processor speed and HDD size, not taking into account the real speed gains that come from the adoption of SSD.

Razzz

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2011
From the Best Buy website here in Canada;

"Save up to $150 on Apple Laptops
Save big on all Apple Macbooks Pro and Macbook Air"

Is this a sign to come???

new macbook pros at WWDC!! just probably no redesign, just some awesome beefy specs and graphics and ac.
thats what i want anyways... :cool:

long live the 17":D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.