Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1
AppleTree
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Macbookpro9,1

Here it is....the new MacBook Pro. You guys think it's legit?

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/664125

Notice it has the new ivy bridge 3820qm processor!
AppleTree is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2
salmoally
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Could just be a hackintosh but nice find.
salmoally is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 04:49 PM   #3
AppleTree
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
And it's running OSX 10.8!

Mac OS X 10.8 (Build 12A211)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoally View Post
Could just be a hackintosh but nice find.
Probably right, but it looks this could be spot on for the new one.
AppleTree is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:10 PM   #4
bozz2006
macrumors 68030
 
bozz2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
It would have to be an internal prototype. The software is 12A211. The current developer preview is 12A193i.
bozz2006 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:12 PM   #5
BK.
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2011
To quote myself:


Quote:
Originally Posted by BK. View Post
MacBook Pro 9,1 would indicate a next-gen 13" model (current models are 8,1 for the 13", 8,2 for the 15" and 8,3 for the 17"). However that GB score also shows a quad-core processor; I thought the 13" models only had dual core processors? So...
Obviously, maybe they could upgrade the 13" models to quad-core processors, I have no idea, as I'm not big on hardware tech, but you know, just throwing that out there.
BK. is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:16 PM   #6
AppleTree
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I think they will offer the 13" in quad-core but not with this processor, the TDP is too high, but I may be wrong!. I think the 3612qm 35w quad core would be the fit for the new 13"
AppleTree is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Erko
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK. View Post
To quote myself:




Obviously, maybe they could upgrade the 13" models to quad-core processors, I have no idea, as I'm not big on hardware tech, but you know, just throwing that out there.
This could also indicate that the 15" is released first and the 13" may follow.
Erko is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:20 PM   #8
derickdub
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Yeah, the 3820QM is Intel's top of line i7. I don't think this would be in a 13". But like another poster has said, the 15" could come first, indicating the 9,1.
derickdub is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:21 PM   #9
samac92
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It's happened before..

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/06/...s-constrained/
samac92 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 05:23 PM   #10
BK.
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erko View Post
This could also indicate that the 15" is released first and the 13" may follow.
That's definitely a possibility, and one I'll admit didn't even enter my head.

Still, I can't imagine them updating the 15 inch first when the 13" is their best seller. I would say they'd upgrade 13" and 15" together, then maybe the 17" later, or update all at the same time, or update the 13" first then the others.

It's a possibility, I just think it's unlikely given the fact the 13" sells so damn much more than the rest! It'd make effective advertising difficult, almost impossible, as the people buying a 13" would see the ads for the "new updated MBP" and yet a lot can probably only afford the 13". Cue disappointment/confusion when it doesn't have the specs they have seen advertised.
BK. is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 06:13 PM   #11
Astroboy907
macrumors 65816
 
Astroboy907's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lunar Habitat 112
Sweet find! Mind if I share?
Astroboy907 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 06:36 PM   #12
samac92
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
The 10.8 build number is a new one

and googling the motherboard code brings up this

http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/0...mountain-lion/

Last edited by samac92; May 13, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
samac92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 07:19 PM   #13
macbook pro i5
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand
It looks like an internal prototype,Just saying.
macbook pro i5 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 07:32 PM   #14
mulraven
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Here comes a pretty nooby question,
Assuming that it is a prototype, would it mean that Apple's still working on the prototype and the new models are not going to be released soon?
I sure hope that they'll be released at wwdc.
mulraven is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 07:58 PM   #15
bozz2006
macrumors 68030
 
bozz2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulraven View Post
Here comes a pretty nooby question,
Assuming that it is a prototype, would it mean that Apple's still working on the prototype and the new models are not going to be released soon?
I sure hope that they'll be released at wwdc.
From the info we have, I don't think we have anywhere near enough info to confirm or deny that possibility.
bozz2006 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:02 PM   #16
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
It could be a fake like some of the others posted before. You never know for sure with Geekbench.


Example. A few minutes after this post this thread was started.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...5#post14859735

Last edited by Peace; May 13, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:21 PM   #17
samac92
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
It could be a fake like some of the others posted before. You never know for sure with Geekbench.


Example. A few minutes after this post this thread was started.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...5#post14859735
Yeah that was me doing some digging because of this thread I was pointed to that iMac score so I posted it there.
As you can see that score was from 10th may, I'm no time traveller
samac92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:25 PM   #18
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac92 View Post
Yeah that was me doing some digging because of this thread I was pointed to that iMac score so I posted it there
as you can see that score was from 10th may, I'm no time traveller
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying you did it. Merely saying its done. It has happened before. Some were real and some were fake. It's very easy to manipulate the metadata for Geekbench .
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:30 PM   #19
samac92
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying you did it. Merely saying its done. It has happened before. Some were real and some were fake. It's very easy to manipulate the metadata for Geekbench .
I hope this one isn't fake, I'm not bothered whether the iMac one is fake though :P Like I've said geekbench scores have been accurate in the past:
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/06/...s-constrained/

and the motherboard number thing I mentioned is interesting.

edit: are fake geekbench scores posted here often? I don't think I've ever seen any
samac92 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:38 PM   #20
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
When you find one with a build number that is 10.7.4 (insert 4 digit build number ) it probably is real but I really don't think the new MBP's are going to ship with ML.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:55 PM   #21
PVisitors
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac92 View Post
The 10.8 build number is a new one

and googling the motherboard code brings up this

http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/0...mountain-lion/
Lame way of driving up hits to the blog by spoofing a geek bench knowing mac enthusiasts will google the build name and boom, her result is on top?

Although it running 10.7.8 could suggest an internal prototype. It's not the first time we have seen it happen before. I remember reading an article on this site that they had logged traffic coming from Cupertino using what was in essence 10.7.8 and iOS5 (obviously the iOS5 was an earlier article)
PVisitors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:59 PM   #22
samac92
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVisitors View Post
Lame way of driving up hits to the blog by spoofing a geek bench knowing mac enthusiasts will google the build name and boom, her result is on top?

Although it running 10.7.8 could suggest an internal prototype. It's not the first time we have seen it happen before. I remember reading an article on this site that they had logged traffic coming from Cupertino using what was in essence 10.7.8 and iOS5 (obviously the iOS5 was an earlier article)
Good be I suppose. I assume you mean 10.8?
samac92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 09:01 PM   #23
PVisitors
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac92 View Post
Good be I suppose. I assume you mean 10.8?
Yeah apologies. I'll try find a link to what I mean. I'm utterly convinced I saw an article on this site alluding to it, at least

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/02/ipads-running-ios-6-0-at-apples-campus-showing-up-in-web-logs/
PVisitors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 02:52 AM   #24
JohnDoe98
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac92 View Post
Yep, submitted report on February 4th, for a release date of April 13th. I hope the lag time isn't the same this time or we are looking at mid July for these machines.
JohnDoe98 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 04:07 AM   #25
theSeb
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickdub View Post
Yeah, the 3820QM is Intel's top of line i7. I don't think this would be in a 13". But like another poster has said, the 15" could come first, indicating the 9,1.
There is actually also the i7-3920XM, but we won't see it in a MBP since the CPU it replaces (2960XM) was about $1000. The 3820 QM is the natural successor to the 2860 QM so we're likely to see it as the top BTO config in the 15" and 17".
__________________
What is Other on my HDD?
Throttling, overheating and Geekbench
theSeb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC