Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
I highly suggest we update the tapatalk plugin, because it supports push notifications! :):):)

Tapatalk'.png

(Don't judge...)

Last edited by a moderator:

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
Tapatalk not working anymore. Not showing new unread posts. Maybe needs the update.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I would think so, but I am subscribed to instant email notification for this thread (and others) and I haven't received any notifications.

Me neither. It's probably a setting which I haven't activated my end.

Edit*
Just had a look at the Tapatalk forums and it seems like some further settings need to be adjusted for this to be enabled.

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Me neither. It's probably a setting which I haven't activated my end.

Edit*
Just had a look at the Tapatalk forums and it seems like some further settings need to be adjusted for this to be enabled.

looks like Push is limited to vBulletin 4.x for now. We are on 3.x

arn

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Just curious when will you guys be upgrading to vbullitin 4.0?

Screw 4.0, if we're going to update, let's go straight to vBulletin 4.1.1x. That said, such a major update will probably break a bunch of stuff, that will then have to be fixed, and people will complain. It's probably not worth it for one tiny feature. I know a forum that did a major upgrade like that, and it gave everyone Moderator abilities. :eek:

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Screw 4.0, if we're going to update, let's go straight to vBulletin 4.1.1x. That said, such a major update will probably break a bunch of stuff, that will then have to be fixed, and people will complain. It's probably not worth it for one tiny feature. I know a forum that did a major upgrade like that, and it gave everyone Moderator abilities. :eek:

:eek: I WANT!!!!!!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Just curious when will you guys be upgrading to vbullitin 4.0?

We may never upgrade to 4.x.

People I've talked to have been very unhappy with 4.x. We were planning on building onto 3.x significantly ourselves in the near future.

arn

MNFL

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
We may never upgrade to 4.x.

People I've talked to have been very unhappy with 4.x. We were planning on building onto 3.x significantly ourselves in the near future.

arn

so guys do Push Notifications for Macrumors Forums on Tapatalk work or not?

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
I just wish the search function worked in tapatalk.

No you don't. The Tapatalk search is horrendous. Absolutely terrible, and uses way to many resources. On sites as large as this, a single search can slow the entire site to a crawl. It's better without it.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
No you don't. The Tapatalk search is horrendous. Absolutely terrible, and uses way to many resources. On sites as large as this, a single search can slow the entire site to a crawl. It's better without it.

I use it on XDA. While it isn't the best (not even close) it does get me where I need to go. When I first came here I noticed it was missing and shrugged it off. I only needed it a few times since then.

Not a big deal. Just my $0.02.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I use it on XDA. While it isn't the best (not even close) it does get me where I need to go. When I first came here I noticed it was missing and shrugged it off. I only needed it a few times since then.

I believe XDA has a custom solution.

arn

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
weird. There does seem to be an update to enable push on vb3.8, but I haven't installed it yet.

arn

:eek::confused: Well, push is nice, although I wish it took you to the actual thread, not just another popup.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this Tapatalk issue... ;):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.