Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I don't know anything about the various iPad apps for video. I am getting frustrated with the built-in video app and its limitations. Is there a video app that will support the standard iTunes video/movie/tv show/podcast file structure and also support slow motion? That and genres would be great, and if it did not require any additional syncing that would be great too. Thanks!

NOTE: This is to support my own videos of my wife's dance classes, so it does not need to support iTunes DRM.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
VideoCam Illusion Pro can do that.

It can't access the synchronized videos. Besides, it's iPhone only and seems to be completely abandoned (last updated 1.5 years ago).

All in all, go with the video players I've listed.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Do any of these video players read the iTunes-synced videos? I have all of mine stored on the iPad as podcasts. Will any of these apps be able to play the videos as-is or do they require their own memory space/download area? The :apple:TV works fine for practicing at home (slow motion "sticks" until turned off) but the iPad video app slow motion requires holding your finger down so it is not good for practicing at the studio.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Do any of these video players read the iTunes-synced videos? I have all of mine stored on the iPad as podcasts. Will any of these apps be able to play the videos as-is or do they require their own memory space/download area? The :apple:TV works fine for practicing at home (slow motion "sticks" until turned off) but the iPad video app slow motion requires holding your finger down so it is not good for practicing at the studio.

Nope, only Azul is capable of that, but it doesn't support slow playback.

(BTW, it's via the first, university hat icon on the icon row at the top right. in addition to audio, can quickly import videos too. It shows the name of the titles but offers no way of traversing via playlists / genre / composer / album etc. (everything is shown in a flat list) Unfortunately, doesn't resolve the name (UUID will be displayed). Fortunately, you can, then, rename the imported title.)

The best is probably jailbreaking your machine; then, you'll be able to use XBMC (which does support slow playback), which can directly enter any directory in the file system. In addition, if you use iFile on a JB'n device, you'll be able to easily cut-and-paste (taking a fraction of second, as opposed to copying) synched video files to the Documents dir of any AppStore player.

This slow motion video is pretty good. It was done with the slo mo app mentioned in this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6R1YwrpfOA&feature=related

Um, no it wasn't, it was shot with a Canon 7D. The credits actually say:

Me and my girlfriend went out and filmed some slow motion with the ( imaginary ) new iphone slow motion app from Apple =))

Camera - Canon 7D - 50fps
Lens - Canon 17-55mm f2.8 ( Beautiful lens )

The video shows the couple pretending to slow-down real life with a fake iPhone app, but the actual video itself was not shot on the iPhone at all.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Um, no it wasn't, it was shot with a Canon 7D. The credits actually say:

The video shows the couple pretending to slow-down real life with a fake iPhone app, but the actual video itself was not shot on the iPhone at all.

Crap.... It said it in the title, doh! Didn't see the credits, double doh! Oh well it looks cool!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.