Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
So far I've only tried the LG Tone, which gets great reviews on Amazon, but either I got a defective unit or my expectations are too high. The sound quality is fine for music/audiobooks, but the call quality is abysmal. People sound sort of echo-y, there's a clattering/static sound in the background, everyone complains that my microphone volume is too low no matter how I adjust, and any type of wind makes me completely inaudible. Also on my third call, the headset started lagging everything I said by several seconds. Even in my own apartment with no background noise to speak of, my call contacts were complaining about the headset and how they couldn't hear me.

I'm using it with my iPhone 4. While I want it to be stereo, call quality really is the most important thing for me as I am always on the phone walking to and from work, at home on skype, etc.

ETA: Bah, I guess I'm going to have to settle for a mono bluetooth headset. Looking at the Icon HD or the Blueant Q2, and a couple others. Hopefully I can find one that works well.

Last edited:

jazz4kurt

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
audiophiles don't like call quality

So far I've only tried the LG Tone, which gets great reviews on Amazon, but either I got a defective unit or my expectations are too high. The sound quality is fine for music/audiobooks, but the call quality is abysmal. People sound sort of echo-y, there's a clattering/static sound in the background, everyone complains that my microphone volume is too low no matter how I adjust, and any type of wind makes me completely inaudible. Also on my third call, the headset started lagging everything I said by several seconds. Even in my own apartment with no background noise to speak of, my call contacts were complaining about the headset and how they couldn't hear me.

I'm using it with my iPhone 4. While I want it to be stereo, call quality really is the most important thing for me as I am always on the phone walking to and from work, at home on skype, etc.

ETA: Bah, I guess I'm going to have to settle for a mono bluetooth headset. Looking at the Icon HD or the Blueant Q2, and a couple others. Hopefully I can find one that works well.

Apparently only you and I would like to clearly hear our mp3s and also have clear cell calls =(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.