Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey7c8

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I do most of my work through the command line, but for 99c then why the hell not. :)

I think there used to be some app i used for this, with an icon perhaps with a truck of it or something. Could have been a forklift. Not sure.

anyway, Thanks !

Morien

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010
I'm planning on buying a Mac when the next refresh comes along. Is it possible for me to buy this app now without one? I do have an itunes account (have and ipad and iphone). Thanks

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I'm planning on buying a Mac when the next refresh comes along. Is it possible for me to buy this app now without one? I do have an itunes account (have and ipad and iphone). Thanks

You need access to a Mac that has Snow Leopard installed on it. Log in with your Apple ID, purchase, log out, delete app if needed. Then once you get your own Mac, log in to the app store and redownload. Voila.

Morien

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010
You need access to a Mac that has Snow Leopard installed on it. Log in with your Apple ID, purchase, log out, delete app if needed. Then once you get your own Mac, log in to the app store and redownload. Voila.

Ok, I'll try to use a friend's. Thanks

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK

I have Snow Leopard, and I can't even download the thing. I just get a dialog box saying it requires Lion. This is going to happen more and more often to people who stick with Snow Leopard like me.

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Look into TotalFinder, though I agree dual panels (and tabs) should be a part of the finder.

The Finder has a Path Bar, you just have to enable it. Not as nice as the Finder's though.

I am aware of the ability to turn on the path bar but it doesn't work as a button as nicely as in ForkLift. You have to double click and it's less obvious. The path bar in ForkLift is so nice in combination with the dual pane UI.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
I like this - it has a very similar interface to the FireFTP extension/add-on for Firefox, but since I mostly use Safari on my Mac I have to start FF specially it I want do a lot of ftp'ing. This will be easier :)

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Hope the sale is still ongoing tonight when I get to my home mac. My work mac only has Snow Leopard and won't let me buy it. :(

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
Question:

What will happen to it on June 1st, when App Sandboxing is officially the rule?

Is this just a big bang to go out on before Apple shuts them down for not complying with the sandboxing requirement?

Another question: If this (version of this) app is removed from the MAS for whatever-sandboxing-reason, will we still be able to get updates (through the MAS or within the app itself)? Or will it simply become a dead version (as in "unsupported")?

I know .99$ is not a big deal even if this version get left in the water but still, I'm wandering...

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
I don't currently do much FTPing so is this app a worthy Finder replacement? I know TotalFinder is better in this regard but that's $18. Since this is only $1 today I'm wondering if it's worth my time in this regard or will it be an unnecessary waste of time? Also does it have a large memory footprint? Thanks.

-PN

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Next I'll need an FTP server app, any recommendations? Was thinking of trying to set up a FTP site on my Mac for occasional use by a friend across town to grab some of my files. Normally I'd just put the files on a flash thumbdrive and give it to him but his computer USB connectors are broken (machine dropped on floor during an extended wine-tasting session).
Dropbox. Unless they're huge.

Akzel

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
I tested it against Transmit 4 on my lab's server... Virtually identical speeds most of the time. For smaller files it's actually faster than Transmit that, on the other hand, was a liiittle faster with bigger files. Sorry I forgot to take note about the raw numbers, etc.

Considering all the features (syncing folders, mount on desktop, etc), I think it's a steal for 0.99, definitely purchased it. Funny thing, I almost paid the full 30 dollars a week ago... Lucky me. :)

Oh, and both Transmit 4 and Forklift 2.5 blew Cyberduck out of the water, haha. :D

Detritusdave

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Just picked this up. Very useful, although it's a shame that the search function doesn't seem to be able to search for text within files (which I use every day for my work).

kot

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2011
DAMN! And I bought it just a week ago for $30! What a rip-off!!! I hate this kind of sales.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I picked this up when it was on sale, works great. But, I reinstalled the OS on my iPhone, the ip is the same as before and now Forklift gives me this error when trying to connect. And I don't see any way to fix it. I don't see any .ssh in the user directory.

Last edited:

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
I picked this up when it was on sale, works great. But, I reinstalled the OS on my iPhone, the ip is the same as before and now Forklift gives me this error when trying to connect. And I don't see any way to fix it. I don't see any .ssh in the user directory.

When you reinstalled the OS, the SSH key on the device changed. Now when the app connects via SSH it is seeing a new key that doesn't match the key it has on file for the device. To fix this, you need to remove the old keys be deleting the file in the error message.

In terminal, type out:
rm /Users/jeremyknaack/.ssh/known_hosts

That deletes the file with all old known hosts.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
When you reinstalled the OS, the SSH key on the device changed. Now when the app connects via SSH it is seeing a new key that doesn't match the key it has on file for the device. To fix this, you need to remove the old keys be deleting the file in the error message.

In terminal, type out:
rm /Users/jeremyknaack/.ssh/known_hosts

That deletes the file with all old known hosts.

Got it:).

Thanks a bunch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.