Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdab

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
I have been using viber successfully but for the past week every tym i try to make a. Call it displays that internet connection reqd but im already connected I have reinstalled and still nothing. the funny thing is that i can receive fiber calls but can not put through any. also when I recieve the calls they don't get registered in my viber app. using iPhone 4S and connecting from the UAE. plz help

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I have been using viber successfully but for the past week every tym i try to make a. Call it displays that internet connection reqd but im already connected I have reinstalled and still nothing. the funny thing is that i can receive fiber calls but can not put through any. also when I recieve the calls they don't get registered in my viber app. using iPhone 4S and connecting from the UAE. plz help

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

ammarmkhles

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
hi...i have viber and i try it on 7 diferent WIFIs and it worked..but mine doesn't work and there is an error : an internet connection is required....
please help me

i am from syria
i have ipod 3g
and i don't know how to enable the ports in firewire:(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi...i have viber and i try it on 7 diferent WIFIs and it worked..but mine doesn't work and there is an error : an internet connection is required....
please help me

i am from syria
i have ipod 3g
and i don't know how to enable the ports in firewire:(

It does sound indeed like your firewall or router are blocking Viber's ports.
You'll need to contact your router/firewall manufacturer, or simply Google it and find a link that can help you with this issue :)

Bertyeah

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2012
Hi,

I've been trying to install viber, but i cant get the code, neither from sms code nor automatic call.
It always end up with "an error has occurred during viber activation process".
Im in japan, using iphone4s (iOS 5.1), viber 2.5.1, and AU (KDDI).
Im looking forward for your answer and help. Thanks.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

I've been trying to install viber, but i cant get the code, neither from sms code nor automatic call.
It always end up with "an error has occurred during viber activation process".
Im in japan, using iphone4s (iOS 5.1), viber 2.5.1, and AU (KDDI).
Im looking forward for your answer and help. Thanks.

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at http://support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.

yasoop

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2012
viber problem

i've been using viber on iphone 3G for more than 6 months,recently there's a problem,the other side coudnt hear my voice where at the same time i could hear her voice crystal clear,we both tried reinstall our viber but it didnt solve the problem,im in moscow and the other side at malaysia,i've tried to call her using voip and direct call but the same thing happened.its hard to keep in touch with someone you love when both of us separated thousand miles away :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
i've been using viber on iphone 3G for more than 6 months,recently there's a problem,the other side coudnt hear my voice where at the same time i could hear her voice crystal clear,we both tried reinstall our viber but it didnt solve the problem,im in moscow and the other side at malaysia,i've tried to call her using voip and direct call but the same thing happened.its hard to keep in touch with someone you love when both of us separated thousand miles away :(

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by "i've tried to call her using voip and direct call but the same thing happened". You mean that a regular call posed the same problems?

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different a few WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)

angge08

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
I have just migrated to America from the Philippines and someone suggested that i can use viber to text my friends in the Philippines for free. Now I have my own cel. num in US then i installed viber, but when i tried to use viber to text my friend from the Philippines that does have viber,it says this contact doesn't seem to have viber yet. But i know my friend have viber installed to them because i just chatted them about it.

Pls Help Me :(
Please Reply

Last edited:

bikwinibottom

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
call logs

Hi. Ive been using viber for some time now. And im happy with it. Except for the call logs cause it also shows the call i make receive with my network provider so its kinda confusing to distinguish if it was a viber call or not. But a couple of days ago i've received an important phone call and i need it to reflect on my call logs. It was a viber call i received from my brother. When i checked a day after all i see are his missed calls to me. I was using wifi connectionat home when i got the call. Im from Phils. Globe network. HTC Sensarion phone. Help. :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@angge08 -
This problem could have a few different possible reasons.

It could be that the network you are (or the other side in the Philippines) connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different a few WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:

Also, it could be that your Viber contact list needs to be resynchronized. Here is a quick guide for a few methods to reboot the synchronization: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

We would appreciate if you could let us know if it worked or not :)

@bikwinibottom -
Unfortunately for now there is still no way to separate Viber calls from regular calls in the Android call log. In the future, we are planning to add the option of separating them. We apologize for any temporary inconvenience caused :(

kenkclam

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
Hi all,

I also have problems with Viber on my iphone, but a slightly different problem.

Whenever my iphone is using the WIFI emitted from my iMac, I have problem with Viber calls. I can initiate the call, but it will end within 2 seconds, even if the other side tried to pick it up. Nevertheless, I can pick up calls from some people even if I am using the WIFI from my iMac (not work for everyone)
I don't have problems with Viber if I use the cellular data from phone company.

I wonder if I should change some setting on my iMac, if you know the answer, please explain in layman terms :p
Thanks a lot

@angge08 -
This problem could have a few different possible reasons.

It could be that the network you are (or the other side in the Philippines) connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

Also, it could be that your Viber contact list needs to be resynchronized. Here is a quick guide for a few methods to reboot the synchronization: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

We would appreciate if you could let us know if it worked or not :)

@bikwinibottom -
Unfortunately for now there is still no way to separate Viber calls from regular calls in the Android call log. In the future, we are planning to add the option of separating them. We apologize for any temporary inconvenience caused :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi all,

I also have problems with Viber on my iphone, but a slightly different problem.

Whenever my iphone is using the WIFI emitted from my iMac, I have problem with Viber calls. I can initiate the call, but it will end within 2 seconds, even if the other side tried to pick it up. Nevertheless, I can pick up calls from some people even if I am using the WIFI from my iMac (not work for everyone)
I don't have problems with Viber if I use the cellular data from phone company.

I wonder if I should change some setting on my iMac, if you know the answer, please explain in layman terms :p
Thanks a lot

Hi,
Yes, it does indeed sound like the connection through your iMac is the cause to this problem. We would recommend to contact Apple through their support forums and see if they can assist you further on this issue.

esteemate

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Connection Problem

Hello;

I am here in Japan. And I am using pocketWIFI and a prepaid Softbank SIM on an unlock Iphone4s.

Just acquired Viber on my Iphone, their was no problem encountered in downloading and registration, the problem is I cant send any message because it says "my contact does have viber yet" but I am sure that my contact has, in-fact my contact can send me a message tru Viber but when i open it, the window will shut down, along the notification of the received message it says "to see this message upgrade Viber and you'll be able to send and receive free messages as well" I think my Viber is recent (version 2.1.5.270). So what's the problem?Please please help. We just bought our phone just for this reason to be able to contact free.....

Thanking you in advance for any help you can share.:)

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello;

I am here in Japan. And I am using pocketWIFI and a prepaid Softbank SIM on an unlock Iphone4s.

Just acquired Viber on my Iphone, their was no problem encountered in downloading and registration, the problem is I cant send any message because it says "my contact does have viber yet" but I am sure that my contact has, in-fact my contact can send me a message tru Viber but when i open it, the window will shut down, along the notification of the received message it says "to see this message upgrade Viber and you'll be able to send and receive free messages as well" I think my Viber is recent (version 2.1.5.270). So what's the problem?Please please help. We just bought our phone just for this reason to be able to contact free.....

Thanking you in advance for any help you can share.:)

Hi,
The source of this problem may vary.

We recommend that you try both these workarounds:
1. First, deactivate (through the "More" tab), uninstall, then reinstall Viber (from AppStore/Market) and see if it helps.
2. Also, try switching between a few different WiFi connections.

Has either of the above solved the problem?

izzie19

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Sucky connection

So my friend and I have been trying to have a decent conversation with each other using Viber (I'm in California and she's in the Philippines) but everytime I she would call me or I would call her, we'd only hear each other for a few seconds and then it cuts off. I've tried switching between WiFi and 4G (she uses WiFi), but the same thing happens. Help please!:confused:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
So my friend and I have been trying to have a decent conversation with each other using Viber (I'm in California and she's in the Philippines) but everytime I she would call me or I would call her, we'd only hear each other for a few seconds and then it cuts off. I've tried switching between WiFi and 4G (she uses WiFi), but the same thing happens. Help please!:confused:

Sometimes 3G/4G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber sound generally clear and are free of such disruptions.
If WiFi is also giving you trouble, then it could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to a few different WiFi networks. Does it work now?

mayoosh

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
hello , I had viber and it was working but I've changed my mobile and I installed it but it's not sending me any code (sms or call) I've tried to uninstall it and install it again but it's still the same :( soo what should I do?? help please!!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hello , I had viber and it was working but I've changed my mobile and I installed it but it's not sending me any code (sms or call) I've tried to uninstall it and install it again but it's still the same :( soo what should I do?? help please!!

Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at http://support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.

jumpingeva

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
hi :) i was trying to viber a friend in the UK and every time viber dials but no one picks it up. my friend says she never receives the call from me this goes same to viber text to her. she tried to text me back but shows on her phone that I'm not a viber user:(

I've successfully viber-ed friends in other countries from the US, so please if anyone can help to resolve the problem. thank you!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi :) i was trying to viber a friend in the UK and every time viber dials but no one picks it up. my friend says she never receives the call from me this goes same to viber text to her. she tried to text me back but shows on her phone that I'm not a viber user:(

I've successfully viber-ed friends in other countries from the US, so please if anyone can help to resolve the problem. thank you!

The source of this problem could greatly vary. Please read this quick-page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

We would appreciate to get feedback from you on whether or not it worked :)

stinchy

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
hi! im having problems with my viber. if i call my friends to phils. it says currently this user cannot be called through Viber. to send a free Viber message insted,press continue... i am using 4s and he is using BB curve. does it matters? 4s to BB? and vice versa? tnx!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi! im having problems with my viber. if i call my friends to phils. it says currently this user cannot be called through Viber. to send a free Viber message insted,press continue... i am using 4s and he is using BB curve. does it matters? 4s to BB? and vice versa? tnx!

Hi,

Viber's calling feature is unfortunately not available yet for Blackberry users. We are working on it these days, and we hope that within the next few months we'll add the calling options to Blackberry as well :)

sealord75

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2012
i cannot open the pictures from viber

hello

am in uae using iphon 4s when am chating with my friend they send me pictures i cannot open the pictures which they sent to me

please can you find solution

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.