Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

logo-mint.png

Intuit has upgraded the iOS app for its Mint personal finance tool with two new "most-requested" features that should keep users from ever having to go to the Mint.com website. Until now, there were several important budgeting tasks that required users to head to Mint's website to manage.

Users can now create new budgets and edit existing budgets, using a clever "budget slider" to set and adjust existing budgets.

Also new is the ability to split existing transactions into multiple categories, such as turning a large Wal-Mart shopping trip into $200 of groceries and $75 of household supplies for more accurate budgeting. In fact, the new transaction splitting feature is even easier to use than the same feature on the Mint website.

ipadbudget.jpg

The Mint app is a free download for iPhone and iPad. Users can sign up within the app. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Mint Upgrades iOS App With Budget and Transaction Management Tools

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
I love this app, it's great on the iPad. Can't wait to check out the update!

7o7munoz7o7

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Bay Area
Having used this app and Pageone, I think I still like Pageonce better. I havent used this app in a while since I primarily used Pageonce, but I think I will give this another shot now with this update.

Edit: Wow....Just updated, and really liking the update and layout of Mint....might have to switch back over!!

Last edited:

2 Replies

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
great service. I hope they make a desktop app too.

:confused:
It's called mint.com. :rolleyes:

Any desktop app would still require an internet connection, so why waste the HD space and restrict yourself to the box the app is installed on?
If you're on a platform with a full fledged browser (rather than a gimped mobile version) then just use the full site.

plumosa

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
Australia
No Australian version!

This is my biggest problem with mint.com. Yes I can integrate my US and Canadian accounts, but can't with our British or Australian accounts. We can't be the only international couple in the world!

For the record, I'm American, husband is Canadian (where I also immigrated), he used to live in Britain and we currently live in and are in process of immigrating to Australia for work. We're not rich by any means, we've just made new experiences the center point of our relationship.

ristlin

Mar 29, 2012

Any desktop app would still require an internet connection, so why waste the HD space and restrict yourself to the box the app is installed on?
If you're on a platform with a full fledged browser (rather than a gimped mobile version) then just use the full site.

Because I prefer it.

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Mint.com runs just fine on an iPad in mobile Safari. I'm not sure if there are some features which are desktop browser only, but for the common tasks that I use in Mint, the app isn't even necessary (though I still prefer apps over websites when they're well done).

ristlin

Mar 29, 2012

They made a desktop app and its #1 free app on the Mac app store. Owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.