Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Apple will introduce what Apple wants, that's a given.

What I am looking forward to, since I've attended every WWDC since day one, is having the pleasure of listening to Tim Cook.

That will be a very refreshing change, knowing the exaggerated use of hype, smoke and mirrors is now a thing of the past. The old CEO was very effective with those tools, but I'm not going to miss it.

Less spin and more reality will be very welcome indeed.

Boghog

macrumors member
May 7, 2007
What I'm missing from this thread is some iOS 6 feature speculation. Last time we had a good idea Siri was coming. This time?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I think the Phone is coming sooner then fall. With the leaks we've gotten, you could see the phone in June/July with iOS6.

I think last year was a fluke with the push back into October...they had some sort of issue with either supply or a component or this metal back/casing on the new phone wasn't ready. I really think the 4S was a fall back plan when they couldn't get this new design ready by when they wanted.

I think we're back to a early summer release.

I think what you're saying makes sense, and it would fit that PhotoStream icon that was leaked.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I think the Phone is coming sooner then fall. With the leaks we've gotten, you could see the phone in June/July with iOS6.

I think last year was a fluke with the push back into October...they had some sort of issue with either supply or a component or this metal back/casing on the new phone wasn't ready. I really think the 4S was a fall back plan when they couldn't get this new design ready by when they wanted.

I think we're back to a early summer release.

Apple had a monster of a holiday quarter, and it was all thanks to the iPhone. The iPhone is in the fall to stay. Summer makes more sense for Mac releases, since it comes before the school year, and obviously Apple seems to like keeping the iPad as far away from any big shopping days as possible, both to boost their numbers throughout the year, and to keep things moving well through their distribution channels. They can't have the iPad and iPhone too close, or they just can't ship enough units of either. Since Apple's not going to give up on the best time for gifting shiny trinkets, and there's no sign that the iPad is getting moved to fall, that leaves iPhone in the fall, iPad in the spring, Macs in the summer, and nothing in the winter.

Okay, so you don't have to take my word for it, look at what we know about iOS 6. That's basically... almost nothing. Apple won't ship the next iPhone with anything less than the new iOS, and the new iOS won't be ready for quite a few more months. We'll get some hints when the developer releases start coming out, possibly as early as WWDC, but it will take time before bugs are worked out, features are set in stone, and it's stable and efficient enough to ship. Apple could release a new iPhone now, and then hope that everyone upgrades to iOS 6 when that comes out next fall, or they could wait until the software is ready and then release hardware designed and optimized to run it, and make sure every user has it out of the box.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Apple will introduce what Apple wants, that's a given.

What I am looking forward to, since I've attended every WWDC since day one, is having the pleasure of listening to Tim Cook.

That will be a very refreshing change, knowing the exaggerated use of hype, smoke and mirrors is now a thing of the past. The old CEO was very effective with those tools, but I'm not going to miss it.

Less spin and more reality will be very welcome indeed.

I'm going to miss Steve's presentations! I do, however, can't wait to see how Cook handles it. But based on the iPhone 4S event, I guess we won't see Cook handle much of the talking. He'll do the introductions, the conclusions, but he'll have the support of other "common" talkers now, such as Phil and Scott, amongst others. They have quite some good talkers there, really :)

metier

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2012
Texas
Apple Store We'll Be Back

We are busy updating the apple store for you and will be back soon.

It looks like Apple is busy tonight

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I'm going to miss Steve's presentations! I do, however, can't wait to see how Cook handles it. But based on the iPhone 4S event, I guess we won't see Cook handle much of the talking. He'll do the introductions, the conclusions, but he'll have the support of other "common" talkers now, such as Phil and Scott, amongst others. They have quite some good talkers there, really :)

I agree it's nice to see that Cook knows how to share the stage. It gives a great impression and one that proves Apple has talented people at the top.

Steve was the master with smoke & mirrors whipping the crowd up with his skilled salesmanship. Now with Cook at the helm, it's a whole new era at Apple, one which will prove hugely profitable.

There's a new relaxed yet businesslike moral with Tim at the top, he's showing his respect & appreciation for their work, and they know he's not going to go postal on them. Productivity is even better when they're not having to watch their back.

It's all good from here on out :)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
If only I had a ticket :(

they post the session videos afterwards. I can't wait to see them

----------

I still don't understand why the app can only be used by attendees only.

because there's nothing in the app that those not there need to see. It's a fancy schedule with some find your room add ons. if you aren't there what are you going to do with it.

----------

That says the keynote will be an hour and a half, which isn't that long seeing as others years it has been over 2 hours, does anyone know from previous years if those timings are accurate?

Last year it was 90 minutes, before that the talk about the new iPhone was about 30-45 minutes so the math is about right if there's no new iPhone hardware announcement.

----------

I agree it's nice to see that Cook knows how to share the stage.

Apple has already been hit by the negative side of too much focus on one person. Cook isn't about to make that mistake again.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
You might not like it :
Apple is transitioning away from the Mac Pro. Mac Pro will be available for order through July 31, 2012. After that date, customers looking to upgrade, replace, or supplement existing Mac Pro systems with new Apple hardware have the following two desktop solutions to choose from.

Where did you hear that?
The Onion News Network?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Seems only yesterday that we were all glued to the iPad 3 keynote...I think we can now finally expect refresh in the MP / MBP and iMac range...`obviously a big section on IOS6 too. Looking forward to it, I may get down voted, but I think Cook is doing a great job, be interested to see how he handles his second keynote now that he has had a little more time to settle in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.