Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Anyone watching Archer on FX? Such a hysterically irreverent show. Quite the guilty pleasure.
Yes and I love it... there was a site that had Archer Quotes and Downton Abbey Screen Grabs... it is hilarious :D if I find it again I'll share with you as it is the best of both worlds :D
I have not caught Archer. Maybe I should take a peak!
Yes you should, it is brilliant.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Downton Abbey Season Two Final- What a show!! After two tumultuous seasons, true love! ;) Standby for Season 3.

The Walking Dead- First a gun fight, then an evil look! Things are bound to heat up between Rick and Shane, while Lori whispers in Rick's ear how dangerous Shane is....

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Walking Dead- First a gun fight, then an evil look! Things are bound to heat up between Rick and Shane, while Lori whispers in Rick's ear how dangerous Shane is....

Yep, I'll be disappointed if they don't resolve the Rick vs. Shane thing before the end of the season. Although, I could see it being a season finale cliffhanger kind of thing. We've only got four more episodes in this season I think. Is that right?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yep, I'll be disappointed if they don't resolve the Rick vs. Shane thing before the end of the season. Although, I could see it being a season finale cliffhanger kind of thing. We've only got four more episodes in this season I think. Is that right?

I could easily see that too. I'm not sure how many more episodes...

HUGE SPOILER>It's so big I won't even say it, just a link to tempt the hell out of you, lol, about what happened in the comic. Does this mean the same thing happens in the show? By no means certain. :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Both Game of Thrones (HBO) and The Killing (AMC) are set to premier on April 1st, a week from tomorrow. That's going to be a DVR night. :D:D

MV5BMjExNDYxMzc0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIxMjQ1Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

MV5BOTg2OTc1MTI1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA2Nzk0Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Both Game of Thrones (HBO) and The Killing (AMC) are set to premier on April 1st, a week from tomorrow. That's going to be a DVR night. :D:D

Yep, I can't wait to see The Killing. We'll watch Game of Thrones too, but the first season of The Killing was just so well done. It's been soooo looonnngg, since it was last on I really need to go back and watch it again to make sure I don't forget any minor details. I really hope AMC doesn't make us wait that long for the next season of Walking Dead.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just finished up the first and last season of Luck on HBO, the series centered around horse racing. It was not a blockbuster, nor thriller, but an ensemble story of which most of the characters I liked. Kind of sorry to see it go. Apparently they had an issue of real horses dieing, two during racing scenes and one fluke accident. I think the question becomes horses race all the time and get injured. Was the way they filmed the races, camera trucks in close proximity to the horses was the extra threat?

Luck Canceled

HBO cancels Luck after 3 horses die on set.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Game of Thrones Season 2 Premier- amazing how they distill the book down to it's essence and keep it good! :)

The Killing- still rolling along, still good! :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I think this is very reflective of the problem with general network TV in the States- Entertainment Weekly Top Ten List for April 13, 2012:

1. NCIS- How many crime shows do we need??
  2. Dancing With The Stars- How many reality entertainment competition shows do we need?
  3. American Idol- Wed- See No.2.
  4. NCIS:Los Angeles- See No.1.
  5. American Idole- Thur- See No.2.
  6. Criminal Minds- See No.1
  7. The Voice- See No.2
  8. Touch- Hmm, maybe.
  9. Castle- Hmm, maybe.
  10. Two & A Half Men- Really and truly?

Last night caught up on Game of Thrones(HBO)- still sweet as honey, probably one of the best shows on TV! And The Killing (AMC), maybe starting to drag a bit. I heard they lost 33% of their viewership after their stunt last season, having the nerve to not wrap up the investigation! ;) I assume the current story will go for the entire second season.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
And The Killing (AMC), maybe starting to drag a bit. I heard they lost 33% of their viewership after their stunt last season, having the nerve to not wrap up the investigation! ;) I assume the current story will go for the entire second season.

We've watched the first 3 episodes of the second season and I think the show is still really good. I totally understand people being upset about the season one ending, but they've done a lot so far in this new season.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Two nights ago, I managed to catch an episode of the superb TV series "Foyle's War" ('The Hide') which, unfortunately, I had missed (due to the cable company somehow losing the signal for a few hours) when it was first broadcast two years ago.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
We've watched the first 3 episodes of the second season and I think the show is still really good. I totally understand people being upset about the season one ending, but they've done a lot so far in this new season.

I'm still enjoying it... :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hatfields and McCoys- on History Channel. Night 1 so far so good.

I like the Hatfields better... :)

MV5BNDIyNDUzNzQ0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc5Nzg3Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hatfields and McCoys- Pt 2 History Channel (last night)

Just goes to show that tit for tat does not work all that well in civilized society. I was watching his last night, asking where is Tom Berenger?? Right in front of me, LOL. :)

MV5BNDIyNDUzNzQ0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc5Nzg3Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hatfields and McCoys Pt3- Worth watching. Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton were excellent. I'm irritated that they chose to film this series in Romania instead of Kentucy/West Va... is it fair to say that even Hollywood outsources jobs?

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hatfields and McCoys Pt3- Worth watching. Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton were excellent. I'm irritated that they chose to film this series in Romania instead of Kentucy/West Va... is it fair to say that even Hollywood outsources jobs?

We've got the series sitting on the DVR and will get around to watching it soon. I'm glad to hear you thought it was good, looking forward to seeing it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
We've got the series sitting on the DVR and will get around to watching it soon. I'm glad to hear you thought it was good, looking forward to seeing it.

It's been reported to be a great success viewership wise. :)

Any Battlestar Gallactica fans here, the 2004 version not the 1978 version? My son recommended that I watch it (Netflix streaming). I caught the first episode last night. Wow! I did not realize it was a reboot of the original premise. Some hot women on this show including No. 6, Tricia Helfer! Think I'll keep going with it. :)

tricia-helfer-2.jpg

250px-BattlestarGalactica2003.jpg

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's been reported to be a great success viewership wise. :)

We enjoyed it. From what I've heard it's pretty historically accurate, but who knows. I thought Costner and Paxton did a great job. I told my wife I was a Hatfield all the way. The McCoys seemed to just keep perpetuating the problem instead of just letting it go and moving on.

We just watched the first half of the season finale of "The Killing". I've really had a good time watching the first and second season of this show. The character are very compelling and the writing is well done. I can't wait to watch the ending next week.

We also just watched the first episode of the new season of TrueBlood. I can't believe some of what they are doing with some of the characters. It looks like it will be a lot of fun this season. I can't wait to see Christopher Meloni. My wife and I are big SVU fans and so I think he'll do an exceptional job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.