Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AllThingsD yesterday announced the release of a new set of video and audio podcasts covering all six of Steve Jobs' on-stage appearances at the D Conference between 2003 and 2010.
y far the largest trove of video of the legendary innovator candidly answering unrehearsed questions and explaining his views on technology and business comes from his six lengthy appearances at our D: All Things Digital conference, from 2003 to 2010. [...] So, as a memorial to a great man and in the spirit of sharing a priceless piece of history, we are making all six of these appearances available on iTunes for free, in high-quality video. We thank Apple for its cooperation in making these videos available for all.
jobs_d_appearances_itunes.jpg

Jobs' five solo appearances check in at between 45 and 95 minutes each.

Update: All Things D tells us that the interview with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates was omitted by accident. It has since been added to the podcast collection in its entirety.

Article Link: Steve Jobs' D Conference Appearances Now Available as Video and Audio Podcasts [Updated]

drewisanapple

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2011
Missouri
I watch Steve more than television, the way he talks about things, makes everyone understand. It was never about, "listen to this stuff you'll probably never understand or use" but he was more "let me show you the great things you CAN use". I miss him. Thankfully, we have these recordings though.

zzLZHzz

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
was downloading until i ran out of hdd. trying to clear space now.

i wish there can be other compilation of all the keynote that he has done. to actually see how he get better with presentation on each new keynote

Discoverer

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
These are really nice but I hate the woman who blatantly interrupts people and tries to make unfunny jokes.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
These are really nice but I hate the woman who blatantly interrupts people and tries to make unfunny jokes.

Well, she tries to make funny jokes ... ;) it's just a shame she's not very witty. Or funny in any regard. Or interesting. Or relevant whatsoever in the conversations.

Seriously, why do they keep having her as an interviewer?! :confused:

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, she is kind of annoying...she's so self-important and yet it feels like she does minimal homework for these things and just kind of shows up and tries to stare holes through people.

Mossberg might softball the occasional question but he's much better at these things.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
[...] his 2007 joint appearance with Bill Gates is available only as an eight-minute highlight clip. It is unclear why only a highlight clip from that session has been made available, as Apple itself had previously offered the full 90-minute session as a podcast before apparently removing it to accommodate AllThingsD's new package.

The joint appearance of Jobs and Gates appears to still be available (although not in podcast format) at

http://allthingsd.com/video/?video_id=60C4F9FA-9AD5-4D04-8BB6-015AEBB1C052

Codestud

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Just watching the first video from 2003. About 9:15 in, Steve Jobs says "we think the tablet's gonna fail". LOL.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Great stuff! I had no idea they existed, I thought it was just the Bill Gates and him interview, and the last one he did.

I've already watched the three first one's, really interesting :)

drewisanapple

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2011
Missouri
Just watching the first video from 2003. About 9:15 in, Steve Jobs says "we think the tablet's gonna fail". LOL.

He was right, that version and thought process of the tablet did fail. Apple made the best new version of the tablet, and then everyone came running to join the mobile platform tablets.

Nostromo

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Deep Space
What about a little shrine? When you bow to it, Steve's voice will be activated by motion sensor.

Another opportunity would be a "complete volume" edition of Steve's speeches, keynotes, etc., all bound in black leather, nice print, Apple logo. They did something like this with chairman Mao's speeches in China - minus the Apple logo.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Get over it bro, let him R. I. P.

Did you meet the guy in person?
Were you even alive or an fan of Apple's work during those years when Apple wasn't the multi-billion dollar company it is now?

There's still plenty to learn from this man, and celebrating his contribution to the world through a series of interviews with him does not strike me in any way as not "letting him R.I.P."

Now please, move on, go elsewhere if you don't want to be a part of a discussion regarding Apple and its interests.

irmongoose

BiteMyApple

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Forest Hills, NY
Sweet!

I was actually re-watching the D5 conference with Steve and Bill together last night. Truly inspiring to realize that what they envisioned 5 years ago is happening everywhere today. And I love the mutual respect too.

Too bad Kara ruined it, and still does today.

For those looking for the whole banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImohBzSRDU

Last edited:

BiteMyApple

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Forest Hills, NY
Jobs' five solo appearances check in at between 45 and 95 minutes each, while his 2007 joint appearance with Bill Gates is available only as an eight-minute highlight clip. It is unclear why only a highlight clip from that session has been made available, as Apple itself had previously offered the full 90-minute session as a podcast before apparently removing it to accommodate AllThingsD's new package.

Downloading the package right now, and the 2007 interview seems to be full-length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.