Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

View Poll Results: How should domain squatters be stopped?
Domains with no content on them should be taken away from the squatter after a set period of time. 13 35.14%
People should be limited to the number of domains they can buy. 1 2.70%
Nothing, domain squatters are clever oppurtunists and they deserve the exortion money. 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 2, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1
musty345
macrumors regular

Should their be a punishment for domain squatting?

I'm aware that there are quite a few other threads of domain squatting, but I wanted to put it to a poll.

I don't think any of us like domain squatting, but how do you think squatters should be stopped? For example, I wanted jailbreaktime.com for my website, but the guy who was squatting the domain wanted around $7000 for it! Therefore I had to settle with jailbreakzeit.com (zeit being the German word for time). Have a look at jailbreaktime.com there's nothing there. This is sort of like internet pollution.

As web_god61 said, "What pisses me off, 99% are just domain squatters. Then, 0.5% are websites that haven't been updated since 1985 and the other 0.5% are actual sites." on this post.

If you have any other methods of prevention just post your reply below.
21.5" iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPod Classic
musty345 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Tags
domain, squatting