Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone accessory maker Mophie has added a new iPhone case to its Juice Pack lineup. The $130 Mophie Juice Pack Pro bundles a 2,500 mAh supplementary battery with an OtterBox Defender-style protective case.

Mophie says the case is dust-proof and water-resistant, as well as providing impact and drop protection.

juicepackpro.jpg

The juice pack PRO provides you with the confidence that your iPhone can lead you through the most demanding conditions. With the largest battery ever built into a juice pack case, complimented by a belt clip and rugged good looks, the juice pack PRO is the perfect adventure companion. Stay off the grid all weekend.
Mophie's Juice Pack line of cases are available at Apple Retail Stores and at Mophie.com.

Article Link: Mophie Introduces Huge and Rugged iPhone Case with Built-in Battery

macaddiict

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
What exactly do they mean by "staying off the grid all weekend"?

Their marketing geniuses should probably reconsider if they think being on your internet-connected phone constitutes being off the grid.

OH, you don't have to plug it in. Got it. :rolleyes:

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
What exactly do they mean by "staying off the grid all weekend"?

Their marketing geniuses should probably reconsider if they think being on your internet-connected phone constitutes being off the grid.

OH, you don't have to plug it in. Got it. :rolleyes:

The "grid" overwhelmingly refers to electricity, not data networks. Their use of the phrase is perfectly reasonable.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
This looks like a War gadget:eek:

Make sure ur advert puts it focus on soldiers, mountain climbers, red cross etc
cos thats not gonna look good in a suit or a board meeting

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I have the juice pack plus and LOVE it. Couldn't live without it. I was excited when mophie sent me the email this morning but it's only 50% more power and 150% uglier then I would ever put on my phone. Plus the 6th gen is coming out soon so no point in buying a new case now.

vampyr

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
Waterproof... what does that exactly mean? I've always heard that waterproof and water resistant are 2 different things.

It looks promising for when I take a bike ride or go hiking, but I have to wonder who you charge the case AND the phone if needed?

Yoho17

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
Aqua Tek S

Just saw this about the Mophie case. Was curious if anybody here had tried the Aqua Tek S case?

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
I have the Juice Pack Plus also. It has saved me many times when I'm working on location and am unable to recharge the phone during the day.

The Plus does add some bulk, but the size and rounded shape actually helps me when I am running around doing stuff as it fits in my hand much better than the naked iPhone. It's very easy to remove when I want to have a slim iPhone in my pocket.

This looks great if you need off-road ruggedness and long battery life.

Last edited:

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I wouldn't mind this for the weekends away with just the bike and a backback. But not for normal every day use. I have a juice pack already and that's getting the job done enough until the next gen phone comes out (assuming the design is different and I'll need a new case).

I wonder if this interferes with the camera at all. That is my complaint with most cases I've used- it's like a dust magnet around the opening for the camera.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
Mophie's site seems to be choking on the attention. Ridiculous! A $16/month squarespace site would handle the bandwidth better.

Mark

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Does this come in a bundle with...

THIS? :cool:

paramount-group-marauder-armored-vehicle-8.jpg

Just wondering... because the iPhone is supposed to be a sleak design and this one seems to be bulky (Marauder) compared to already oversized bulky protectors (H1).

Mophie says the case is dust-proof and water-resistant, as well as providing impact and drop protection.

Hummer states the Marauder is dust-proof and water-resistant, as well as providing impact and drop protection.

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
The "grid" overwhelmingly refers to electricity, not data networks. Their use of the phrase is perfectly reasonable.

No, they actually are referring to data networks.

This is the case for someone trying to get away and play some angry birds.

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
not a fan

I an not a big fan of this case. WAAAYYYYY to bulky for my taste. The extra battery life is nice...BUT NOT when it looks like that. Just not my cup of tea.

Now for someone who NEEDS that extra battery life and doesn't care about how bad that case is on the eyes, then you my friend have got yourself a case.

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
A lot of companies are now supplying their employees with iPhones for all sorts of reasons so I can see this case being very useful.

Some of the ruggedised hand held devices used by meter readers etc, cost a fortune. An iPhone in this case is a lot cheaper and probably a damn site easier to program, plus it's a phone too.

If it has the ability to add an elastic strap to the back to go around your hand then it would be even better for use in business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.