Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
natehan said:
Thanks, I'll still use real player

Arrr... That be a newbie response thar.

Sorry, no idea why I was suddenly overcome with piratitis. :confused:

Real Player's a pretty pathetic excuse for a media player IMO.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Or download FullScreenMoviePlayer X. It rocks. I've got it. Click and drag the quicktime file to the icon on the dock, bam, fullscreen.

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Ohio
Does it make my H.264 video become un-choppified? Or do I have to buy the 'X-tra Pro' key for that?

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
crachoar said:
Does it make my H.264 video become un-choppified? Or do I have to buy the 'X-tra Pro' key for that?

I think the blame for that would pretty much fall on your processor/ram. The big h.264 files are a lot of numbers to crunch, and a lot of G4's are having a hard time.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Kingsnapped said:
I think the blame for that would pretty much fall on your processor/ram. The big h.264 files are a lot of numbers to crunch, and a lot of G4's are having a hard time.
My Dual 1GHz G4 manages it but the processors are pretty damn busy...

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Ohio
It's fun when the offered 'top-of-the-line' Powerbooks can't perform the up-and-coming 'powerful' technologies such as high-end video encoding and high-end (hell, I'd settle for low-end) gaming. I'd throw in 2GB of DDR, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't do much. I guess the G4 is just too cool for school.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Sheesh, ante up guys and get the real deal. There is more to QT Pro than full screen, and it's only $30. I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.