Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgs6876

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Detroit
I am trying to find a good application (That is hopefully free) that I can use to create, edit and view Google Documents. For my work, I use multiple google docs and this would make everything a lot easier.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I am trying to find a good application (That is hopefully free) that I can use to create, edit and view Google Documents. For my work, I use multiple google docs and this would make everything a lot easier.
I use Google Docs daily from both my iPhone & iPad. It's very easy with a newly updated (just a few days ago) App that works on both iPhone & iPad. Made by Google it's simply called "Google Search".

A bit of a misnomer, as it's a full featured brilliantly simple & attractive. It has a button for Google Apps. That takes you to docs, calendar, tasks, reader, etc.

I'm so pleased with this app I use it constantly. Youll love it. Just go to the app store & grab it for free.

Google doubles the usefulness of iPhones & iPads, they have truly brilliant, well designed apps.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
I use Google Docs daily from both my iPhone & iPad. It's very easy with a newly updated (just a few days ago) App that works on both iPhone & iPad. Made by Google it's simply called "Google Search".

A bit of a misnomer, as it's a full featured brilliantly simple & attractive. It has a button for Google Apps. That takes you to docs, calendar, tasks, reader, etc.

I'm so pleased with this app I use it constantly. Youll love it. Just go to the app store & grab it for free.

Google doubles the usefulness of iPhones & iPads, they have truly brilliant, well designed apps.

If I remember correctly, using it is no different from opening the mobile webpage in safari?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
If I remember correctly, using it is no different from opening the mobile webpage in safari?
The key to the new Google Search app is that it has a launcher for all the various google apps. Therefore it's a fast and elegant way to get to docs, calendar, tasks or whatever you want quickly. I use iCab set to the desktop version of Safari, so via the iPad it's the same experience as on my MBA or MBP. I don't care for mobile versions of web sites.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
The key to the new Google Search app is that it has a launcher for all the various google apps. Therefore it's a fast and elegant way to get to docs, calendar, tasks or whatever you want quickly. I use iCab set to the desktop version of Safari, so via the iPad it's the same experience as on my MBA or MBP. I don't care for mobile versions of web sites.

You can switch to desktop version in safari. And you can make that page a button in home screen like an app. That's faster than launching the google search app, I find that app pretty useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.