Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So I'm basically looking for an arm that I can use with my iPad with a case on that I can attach to my bed to use to watch Netflix/HuluPlus, etc. I've found a few on Amazon, but they all seem to have too short of an arm. Any suggestions? Thanks!

newipaduser

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012
US
How long do you actually need? My new iPad holder can be extended from wall more than 1 meter and the height of iPad is also adjustable. :)Airholder

Attachments

• IMG_6157.jpg
    IMG_6157.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 5,071
  • IMG_6167.jpg
    IMG_6167.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,218

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
The problem with most of these "arm" designs is that they do not take into consideration that most people have their iPad in a case and do not wish to remove the unit from the case each and every time they want to use these arms.

I found and ordered one from Amazon that seemingly will allow you to keep the case on....it should be delivered by Thursday...I will let you guys know how well it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Y85EXQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
The problem with most of these "arm" designs is that they do not take into consideration that most people have their iPad in a case and do not wish to remove the unit from the case each and every time they want to use these arms.

I found and ordered one from Amazon that seemingly will allow you to keep the case on....it should be delivered by Thursday...I will let you guys know how well it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Y85EXQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

I have that. The arm is super short so it really doesn't work that well. It also doesnt really hold the iPad snugly...if you bump it, the iPad can slip right out. Be careful!

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
I have that. The arm is super short so it really doesn't work that well. It also doesnt really hold the iPad snugly...if you bump it, the iPad can slip right out. Be careful!

Thanks for the heads up....but I do plan on using it with a folio style case on so I'm anticipating it working....(fingers crossed!) :)

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
How long do you actually need? My new iPad holder can be extended from wall more than 1 meter and the height of iPad is also adjustable. :)Airholder

wow this looks like a great option. I wonder how it attaches to the wall?!?. I can't find this info on their website. Kind of pricey but looks like it's worth it.

Qfic

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
Also looking for something like the airholder that will allow me to use my current case with it. Everything else just seems too short. Also really like that it has a charging extender, just wish they had a universal bracket. Any one know of a happy medium?

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
That air holder looks great. My wife and I normally watch something on Netflix a few nights a week, and not to long ago, I dropped the iPad onto her face, and it drew blood. So now I'm looking for something like this too.

That said, I have an iPad holder for her in the Kitchen, and I just took a Ram mount, and hooked it to the bottom of the cabinet. The Ram mount holder works GREAT with all kinds of cases. My wife has a gumdrop case, and it is rather large, and it holds it perfectly. So what I want to find is just an arm I can mount one of these tablet holders too. I'm sure I can find just an arm, that I can mount a ball joint too...

Link to Ram mount.
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-HOL-TAB3U...6S/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1338918887&sr=8-12

tiffanick

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
I got a white one instead. So far, it's been fine for me :)
Toilet times with NetFlix ;)

Attachments

• IMG_61731111.jpg
    IMG_61731111.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 4,528
  • IMG_61991111.jpg
    IMG_61991111.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 971

joyfull78

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
Spiderarm ball joint size?

For those using spiderarm, could anyone tell how big is the ball joint of their ipad case in terms of its diameter size ? I am looking to use RAM mount tablet holder instead of stock ipad case. I contacted spiderarm but no response yet.

tiffanick

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
This is actually a good idea. Do you leave the iPad attach or remove every time you handle your business?

Y'see, cause my iPad is fitted with a case that connects it to the AirHolder... and I have more than one AirHolder in my household at different parts, so my iPad follows me wherever I go and connection is easy and efficient anytime.:D

Qfic

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
If I've got a thin case on my ipad 3 will the standzfree be able to work with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.