Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkhan456

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
No new iMac's, no new real design changes, no really impressive new updates. Laaaaaaaaaaaame

zipster

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2011
So lets see...an average consumer's thoughts

iOS.
-Facebook update - Horrid. Most people despise facebook these days
-Siri - Cool little things, but they are missing the big thing - its not very functional
-Maps - Only Bright light, but..wait for it..GASP...Android still has better maps
-Passbook - Could bring security issues...may be cool...Who knows
Could easily be done in a simple update. 5.4? 5.5?

Overall -3/10

Macbooks
-Slightly better MBA and MBP - Yawn..Think about it. Most people won't notice the difference. Its miniscule.
-New Retina MBP - Fantastic...but wait... 2200 for base model? What? Apple is known to be overpriced but holy ... Wait until Windows Fanboys bash this price. Anyways, good machine but still too expensive. Should replace the 15 inch MBP IMO.

Overall - 4/10

WWDC presentation as a whole - 7/10...only highlight was that it was a good presentation.

Why are people downvoting this? Seems accurate to me. Those iOS features could've been implemented in an iteration of iOS 5, the Macbook upgrades are expected, and the Retina MBP is cool, but not that much of a wow (we were expecting this).

#kanyeshrug

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
Its going to be a jam packed year, when Apple is releasing that much in one developer keynote there is bound to be much more to come. :)

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
I was only disappointed that Apple TV AGAIN doesn't get apps. WTF is apple's problem with this device ???

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Great presentation.

And great products.

Actually, it seems like the guys are starting to get the "groove" again, after Steve's death. The presentations are not perfect yet, but they start to get funnier, more light-hearted and also more self-confident.
It's cool to see them head that way. And it's a pleasure to watch.

Besides, I am pretty sure, the Mac line is far from finished.
I think, there will be some more surprises this year.

The new MacBook Pro is really great.

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
So lets see...an average consumer's thoughts

iOS.
-Facebook update - Horrid. Most people despise facebook these days
-Siri - Cool little things, but they are missing the big thing - its not very functional
-Maps - Only Bright light, but..wait for it..GASP...Android still has better maps
-Passbook - Could bring security issues...may be cool...Who knows
Could easily be done in a simple update. 5.4? 5.5?

Overall -3/10

Macbooks
-Slightly better MBA and MBP - Yawn..Think about it. Most people won't notice the difference. Its miniscule.
-New Retina MBP - Fantastic...but wait... 2200 for base model? What? Apple is known to be overpriced but holy ... Wait until Windows Fanboys bash this price. Anyways, good machine but still too expensive. Should replace the 15 inch MBP IMO.

Overall - 4/10

WWDC presentation as a whole - 7/10...only highlight was that it was a good presentation.

I'm going to regret feeding the troll, but here's what I disagree with:

Facebook: Where are you getting this? Most of the people I know use Facebook exclusively, and the ones that don't use both Facebook and Twitter.

Siri: Its a huge improvement. After the ability to launch apps, the only thing it really needs is the ability to change settings.

Maps: How is Google Maps that much better? Apple now has turn by turn directions, so that advantage is gone.

Retina Macbook: I specced out a similar machine: the HP Spectre. For a worse display and lack of a dedicated GPU, the new Macbook is only 100 bucks more expensive. The new macbook has the fantastic display (which is probably the most expensive part of the computer), and only has SSDs as options. Its really not a bad deal.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
b7a881d4.jpg

As previous poster commented, iPhone 5? If so, yuck from me.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Surprised Apple isn't selling Apple-branded untucked long sleeve shirts. :rolleyes:

(Hey Tim...stop trying to look young. You're not.)

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Does the steering wheel look right to you or how about that car in front, hey look the iphone...

Nope, I know the image is squished, but the phone has the additional central speaker/sensor/whatever at the top and ratio looks to be more 16:9 than 3:2.

Edit: Actually that screen is EXACTLY 16:9 ratio, I just checked. Edit 2: I never knew the white 4S had that sensor thing showing at the top either :D

Last edited:

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Nope, I know the image is squished, but the phone has the additional central speaker/sensor/whatever at the top and ratio looks to be more 16:9 than 3:2.

Edit: Actually that screen is EXACTLY 16:9 ratio, I just checked.

No, that's exactly how the White iPhone 4S looks. The proximity sensor is visible above the speaker and camera:

apple-iphone-4s-white-black.jpg

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Totally agree

Why are people downvoting this? Seems accurate to me. Those iOS features could've been implemented in an iteration of iOS 5, the Macbook upgrades are expected, and the Retina MBP is cool, but not that much of a wow (we were expecting this).

#kanyeshrug

the OP was not a troll but providing one man's opinion. I happen to agree with it pretty much, as, it appears, do others.

I find it laughable that if, God forbid, a dissenting opinion is expressed on this board, that the dreaded TROLL label is immediately used.

:cool:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
I am so thoroughly DISGUSTED with Apple right now (Mac Pro insult) that I'm not even going to bother watching the Keynote.

My time will be better served researching parts for a new dual hex-core Xeon Sandybridge Hackint0sh with all the trimmings.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I am so thoroughly DISGUSTED with Apple right now (Mac Pro insult) that I'm not even going to bother watching the Keynote.

My time will be better served researching parts for a new dual hex-core Xeon Sandybridge Hackint0sh with all the trimmings.

Attachments

• 1189151276_07c4f96784_z-600x360.jpg
    1189151276_07c4f96784_z-600x360.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.