Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
App update download and install progress now shows in store, with option to open when complete.

Installed Apps also have the "open" button instead of "installed"

haphadon

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Some screen shots:

34e2veo.png

There is now a tweet button in notification centre.

eplrt5.png

Notice the newish looking settings icon. Or at least I think its new, looks different to me!

And notice the new looking buttons for posting a photo in a message:

xf0qgx.png

saw that too, maybe it's when "Do not Disturb" is turned on?

And I can confirm thats not true, my screenshot was with DND turned off...

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Some screen shots:

Thanks for posting these. The settings icon is definitely improved (less cartoonish). Also, I really don't like the new muted blue in-app status bar. Liked the old grey one much better. Can't imagine why they decided to switch all of a sudden. It doesn't really add anything to the overall UI.

haphadon

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
More screen shots:

This is notification centre with Facebook + Twitter enabled:

28hjsb8.png

And this is the new settings with a new privacy section:

2qjakqr.png

The layout of settings has also changed a bit.

mohammadmirza

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
I'm literally cringing at how inconsistent everything is now, though.

Black camera app and stores, yet blue Safari and music apps.

At least we can make Safari black with private browsing.

haphadon

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Not sure if this was shown in the keynote or not so sorry if it was. But this is what it looks like when you tap on a destination such as New York City:

htideu.png

I can also confirm Siri location based commands work in Canada right now.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
I don't understand the inconsistency in the UI coloring scheme. The iPod app and Maps are both silver, the App Store is black, but other screens like messages and settings still have the blue UI with that hideous blue status bar. I hope this changes with the consumer release.

ndavid126

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Not sure if this was shown in the keynote or not so sorry if it was. But this is what it looks like when you tap on a destination such as New York City:

I can also confirm Siri location based commands work in Canada right now. And I can also confirm that 3D maps isn't working for me right now...
Is the 551 KM the distance from where you are to NYC?

haphadon

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Is the 551 KM the distance from where you are to NYC?

Yes

Edit: Just made sure it wasn't going off of a pin that I had at that time, and I can confirm that is does it automatically based off of your ACTUAL location, not a pin.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
What happens when you try to email a dropped-pin location in Maps? In iOS 5 it emails using a Google maps link.

haphadon

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Any changes to the controls in the multitasking bar?

Just checked and I do not see any.

Also the maps app has some issues with the oceans.... But its a beta for a reason and they should be ironed out shortly.

xpv57c.png

1pxunc.png

There is also an error in the Toronto map, it shows the island airport as begin connected to the main land which it obviously isn't as it's an island. So I am sure that there are minor errors like that all around the world.

Other then those small errors I really like how the new maps app looks and behaves!

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2011
Are maps available for smaller countries like Ghana or Togo or South Africa? Hope this isn't only for select countries - I want some more 3D

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Are maps available for smaller countries like Ghana or Togo or South Africa? Hope this isn't only for select countries - I want some more 3D
There are street level maps for South Africa - I've never been to Ghana or Togo so I can't confirm if those work too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.